Busking Head'n South

millponddave

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Very nice. I felt like I was cruising down a back road somewhere.

Dave

jcrocket

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Mark, your picking is really sounding nice and clean. I like Daryl's idea for the break - maybe try an Em in place of the F#m.

Funny how the road can be so inspirational.

Jeff

dennisg

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:27 am

Hey, aren't you the guy who never fingerpicked a song as recently as a year ago? Well, all of that's ancient history, because your picking is now incredibly fluid and solid. Those two words seem to be an oxymoron, but you know what I mean. Great job on your original song.

You might consider moving your family a few more times so that we can get additional songs.

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 am

Hey there Mark! Nice to see an upload from you again.

Looks like you've gotten some good tips so far. I like where the song is now, and look forward to wherever you take it.

MarkM

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:13 am

Bob - Thanks. I've been tweaking it a bit here and there and hopefully will improve upon it. Hope all is well in MA.

Chris - Thanks!! Its great to be settled and back with TG. It's amazing how much I missed coming here. Lyrics will come in time and we'll see how that turns out. As always thanks for the kind words.

Marc - Hello there my Montreal friend. Hope all is well on your end. I'm not up to speed on theory as well but I'll figure out what sounds right and go with it. Hopefully my ears treat me well.

Scott - Thank you very much. This was pretty fun to do actually and I'm enjoying tinkering with it when I get a few moments here and there.

Kevin - As always thank you for your support!! I wish I coudl add some of the skills you have with fingerpicking on this piece. Then it woudl really be something.

Mark - Thank you!! Funny you mentioned this as that is exactly what I have been doing these past few days. Certainly mixes it up a bit and, again, its fun to see what can be created on the fretboard. Hope all is well with you as I haven't seen much from you in a while.

Ness - Thanks!! I really appreciate your kind words and feedback. Hmm what would the movie be about??????

Dave - Thank you!! It was a great road with fantastic views. I wish I had taken some video of it while I was driving.

Jeff - Thank you very much. The Em does sound good with this. Now I just have to figure out where to place it.

Dennis - Oh I know what you mean and thank you very much Dennis. Amazing huh that I couldn't fingerpick a lick last year. Not that this is complicated at all but I was so far away from this last year. This site does do wonders. Ha!! Not sure about another long distance move again any time soon.

Al - Great to hear from you. I hope all is well in the Great White North. Thanks for the kind words.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic