Busking Head'n South

michelew

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 am

Mark,

That has a nice sound. It sounds like to music from a scene in a road trip movie. So I'm not surprised that you started playing it after your long driving trek.

Let us know how it develops.

Nice relaxing sound.

Michele

snipe

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 am

Mark

Really liked that. Would like to hear more if you add to it.

Mike

MarkM

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks Everyone.

Cori - Hey thanks for the nice words!! End of movie credits. I like that. The first time I heard George Harrisons "Cheer Down" was at the end of one of the Lethal Weapon movies. I agree that maybe some slide work on this would be good. What I did here was really just accompaniment to some lyrics or solo work. As for the lyrics I'm thinking that I'll dedicate some of my limited brain cells to that endevour. Once again thank for the suggestions and kind words.

Craig - Thanks!! Yea funny how one can think of stuff while driving for 18 hours................

Tony - Hey pal thanks for the compliments. Well I'm not really sure where this came from. I just kind of had this little jangle going on in my head and then decided to play around with it a bit. Moved the capo up and down the neck and this is where it ended up. Played it at different speeds and all of that. I'm sure there are other songs that may sound like it and may be stuck in my subconscious somewhere. On the "G" part I played it a bit different from time to time but that is it really. Just a DDDD/GGGG/DDDD/GGGG/DDDD/GGGG/DDDD/GGGG/DDDD/AAAA/DDDD thing going around. Nothing complicated. Just didn't know what else to add for a chorus or bridge or something.

Abilio - Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Yup still a work in progress for sure. When I get some more time I'll play around with it a bit more.

Pete - Thanks. Yup. Loving the real summer down here.

Anton- Thank you sir. I always enjoy your comments. It's good to be back on the site again.

Scott - Thank you!!! I'm sure you'll get there. I couldn't figerpick at all last year. Not that this piece is complicated by any stretch. I'm still a long way away from pulling off one of Neil's songs.

Daryl - Thanks I'll try that later today and see how it goes.

Willem - Thanks!!! Ha! Yea I was thinking the same thing during the "D" section. Head'n South, Head'n South, Head'n South, Head'n South......... I'll try that JT thing with the A.

Michelle - Thank you!! Yup that was my road trip music in a very tired brain. We'll see how it goes.

Mike - Thanks!! I'll try and keep at it in between some new songs from Neil's lessons.

BobR

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Mark,

Cool tune you've been able to get from your head to the fretboard. All you need is to add some traveling vocals over it to make it pop. Easy right? :P :laugh:

Thanks for sharing this original

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Mark, my friend, glad to see you making home the only way that seems right... with guitar in hand and your own song. I hope you're settling down with the family and things are good. Very smooth and easy tune which you play with your usual precision. Any lyrics shaping up? This is crying out for you to pen your feelings as you were driving south. I'm looking forward to how this advances and to seeing more of you back at your 2nd home, TG!

Lavallee

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Hey Mark, that seem like a good start. Interesting that you had the melody in your head rather then playing with the chords and coming out with something. I would like to help with the theory, (but I cannot) but a few extra chords to make a progression going up and down would probably complete the song.

Looking good already. glad you can find some time for the guitar again

Marc

sbutler

Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:10 pm

ME TOO. That is, I loved it. Your picking was sharp and crisp, and I'm sure if you want to embellish this tune, you'll add some more chords to make it very much your own.

Wonderful job Mark. You've reached a major place in your playing.

Scott

dekotaj

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

BRAVO!!Mark

Sounded great to me!Should you add a bridge??Your song brother let it take you were ever you want to go.If you do, re post it for us.Great picking love to watch you play your guitar.And the sound you get is just fantastic!!

Kevin

mark

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:59 am

Hi Mark

Your playing on this is very good. All notes are coming out cleanly.

You could try and add some variety to what you are playing. The D and G chords are really good chords for adding some extra notes to.
Think of Norwegian wood or here comes the sun for the D chord.
There are plenty of notes that can be added to change the melody around a bit.

willem

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Ah Mark, that was indeed really very nice!

I heard this, uh when was it, yesterday morning (well at least my morning)? And it just started my day so relaxed! It reminded me of some movie with guitarplaying like that as well.

Indeed, your guitarplaying sounds clean and crisp. And I'll be echoing Mark, you could add some notes to those chords, just try it out and see where it gets you.

Very nice Mark, such a special moment to share with us! Great title as well! ;)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic