Busking Wilco

jcrocket

Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:32 am

Here's "Remember the Mountain Bed", from Mermaid Avenue Vol. II, Wilco's collaboration with Billy Bragg on some previously unrecorded Woody Guthrie lyrics.

- Jeff

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:54 am

JEFF IS BACK!!! :cheer: :cheer: :) And in a very BIG way!!

Loved it, Loved it!! I think Tweedy & Bragg should just write songs for you, Dude!
(Urrr, I guess this was Woody G's stuff though wasn't it? Well him too if, he was still around.)

If I did one good thing @ T.G. it was to help turn you onto these guys.

The nuances you add to these songs is remarkable. A lot has been said about your hybrid technique...and rightly
so. I have never seen a better one. How, you get those treble string to ring out so clear is beyond me!

Your voice was killer once again. And you just did a whale of a job.
Anything else in the works...off of this album or Mermaid I ?
Gosh I hope so...

Still thinking about putting up California Stars or Son Volt's Windfall but I don't wanna butcher 'em.
(That's sacred stuff ya know?)

Good to see you again, Man!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Cori

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 am

Great to get another Jeff song, Jeff! The story telly style really suits you and I love to hear these songs from you.
Nice job!

daryl

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:07 am

Nice playing Jeff. Great control. Good audio quality. I see 2 mikes. How much crossover is there with them? What I mean is how much of the guitar is picked up with the vocal mike and how much of the vocals are licked up with the guitar mike? To my ears I hear a slight stereo effect. Very nice.

abiliog

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 am

Jeff,
You know how to tell a story and your picking technique is also amazing, something to achieve.
Thanks for sharing,
Abilio

skaladar

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:29 am

Hey Jeff …

Great song, one with which I’m not familiar. You did a great job with this on all levels. Your playing and singing are fantastic. The sound quality is amazing considering it’s coming through via YouTube. The arrangement is super and it’s a very tight performance. I’d definitely toss a few coins in your guitar case :-) … That was a real pleasure to listen to Jeff, thanks for sharing.

♫ Ken ♫

snipe

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 am

Jeff,

Really excellent. Played with emotion!!! Loved it.
Definetly your style.

Mike

BobR

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:22 am

Jeff,

Excellent job all around. :woohoo: Playing and singing is so good. The sound you've got coming through is great.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

dsmarion

Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Jeff,

Hey, very nice job playing and singing. I am not familiar with this piece but it was fun to check out. Thanks for sharing!

Scott

tovo

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Jeff that is awesome mate. Really, really professionally done. Great playing, singing and great sound quality also. Have you got those lyrics down to memory? Were you reading them? Either way it doesn't matter at all, but it's a long tune and I am curious if you know the lyrics off by heart, if so that's even more impressive.

Loved it in every way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic