Busking Wilco

Craig

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Wow Jeff! Great job in all aspects. You are sounding very professional these days! Way to go!
Craig

Lavallee

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Excellent work Jeff, I agree about your setup and sound are very professional. It is a treat to watch the intensity you are putting in your song, great hybrid picking.

Marc

jcrocket

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Everyone, as always, thanks for all the great comments, you have me grinning from ear to ear. What a great group of folks we have here.

Cori - man, I thought I kept late hours! Seriously though, your opinion caries a lot of weight, knowing how much you enjoy this genre of music - thanks so much. You’ve done a lot more than just “one good thing @ T.G”, but steering me towards these artists is something I’ll always appreciate.

Daryl - thanks for the kind words. Regarding the mics, I don’t have nearly as much crossover since I switched to a dynamic mic for the vocals. The condenser mic I previously used was so sensitive, it picked up as much guitar as vocals, and it was difficult to control or separate anything. As for the stereo effect, it’s easy in Garageband as long as you have each mic record to its own track. I’m a total novice at recording, but it’s fun to mess around with this stuff.

Tony - thanks! No, I wasn’t reading, I do have this one memorized. With a song like this, that seems to be the biggest challenge - but it was the lyrics that really grabbed me when I first heard this song, so that probably made it a bit easier to learn them (although hammering away at this thing dozens of times over the past few months probably didn’t hurt either).

Chris, Abilio, Ken, Mike, Bob, Scott, Craig and Marc - thanks so much for listening, and for your kind and generous comments.

One side note that some may find useful - due to the length of the song, I was having a really hard time getting the file down to the 200mb limit, no matter how much I tweaked the export settings in iMovie. Finally, I found a free program called Handbrake, that (among other things) will compress a video file to a target size. Being a video newbie, this was very helpful to me.

- Jeff

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:47 am

Jeff- another home run here!

I'm most impressed with the rapid (double-time?) picking you used. That must be so tough to keep going for a 5+ minute song!

And as others have said- the sound quality is great as well. Especially when wearing headphones.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic