Busking Marty Robbins

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 am

Cori-
I'd say I wouldn't realize how difficult that was if the metronome hadn't been going in the background. VERY fast, and good picking!

Nice work all round!

suziko

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 am

I must be the only person who doesn't know this song!! Maybe if you'd sung it, Cori, but just hearing the melody didn't ring a bell. All the same, I liked hearing you playing the melody of this. You do have a nice command of the fretboard and your notes really rang out nice and clear.

So how come all the guys get to be your "amigos" but the women just get to be "senioritas??" Can't we be your amigas?? :)

Suzi

dtaylor

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:27 am

Oh no Suzi, I also didn't know the song and even the artist at all, but I did listen to the original before watching this video.....there is just só much out there! :blink: :huh: :silly:

suziko wrote:
I must be the only person who doesn't know this song!!
Suzi

dekotaj

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 am

WOW-Dose that take a guy back a ways.My folks were big country fans.So I love the old country singers like Marty,Eddie Arnold,Hank Williams.Great stuff.Love to watch my folks and there friends put some saw dust down on the floor and slide across the dance floor all night long.This tune would really get them sliding and a turning.

Thanks for the post.
Kevin

And for a great singer song writer.This one would fill a dance floor.

Or maybe this one.All great oldies and goodies.

lueders

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Al- Thanks, man. But it wasn't that quick of a tempo, only 100 bpm. Marty's recording is at about 120. So I'll have to gradually build up if I want autenticity...I reckon.

Suzi- Don't feel bad you didn't know the song...because now you do sort of. Thanks for the kind words! You can be amigas...I was not familiar with that term. I stand corrected... I should have said Seniors & Senioritas for reasons of symmetry I 'spose. LOL! I was doubling up on humanities classes when I should have taken a foreign language.doh!
I am pro-feminist minded-male..I promise SORRY!.LOL!

Kevin-Thanks...glad you enjoy the older stuff!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic