Busking the Beatles - And I love Her

webtvdan

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 am

Marc – that is the only spot in the classical guitar arrangement where I changed the fingering.

The original composition calls for the notes to be fingered as played (without the bar chord). I found that awkward on my Taylor. Realized the notes were of a bar “C” shape at the second fret (D chord). I often play that bar chord whenever the chord D/F# (D with F# in the bass) is called for. Prefer to play the bar chord over wrapping my thumb around the neck and playing the sixth string at the second fret while holding a D chord.

Daryl – a very perceptive question.

This is a public forum and I’m told the groom plays guitar.

The original October wedding was local, and I would have played my acoustic Taylor guitar in the video.

The September wedding will be in Maui while a large group of us are on vacation. (We are all staying in different resorts.) Our friends, the bride’s parents, convinced the young couple to join all of us and enjoy a wedding / honeymoon in Maui at their expense.

Don’t trust the airlines with my Taylor so will be taking my classical guitar. It’s a beautiful guitar but primarily of sentimental value. Haven’t touched it in years. Playing my classical daily and hoping for a flawless performance.

Dan

snipe

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am

Wow.. Really good!!

Mike

mcfingers

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:37 pm

webtvdan wrote:

Don’t trust the airlines with my Taylor so will be taking my classical guitar. It’s a beautiful guitar but primarily of sentimental value. Haven’t touched it in years. Playing my classical daily and hoping for a flawless performance.

Dan
Why? Are you flying United? :silly:

Beautifully played Dan. I really enjoyed your arrangement.

stratman3

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:27 am

Fantastic, Perfect,

one of my all time favorite Beatles songs.

Gary B)

tvarga

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Dan, that really sounded wonderful. You should be real proud of that!!
Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic