Busking Mark - updated with a new video

tvarga

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 am

Man, that was great. As soon as you started singing, it put a big smile on my face. I know it's a big step to upload your first song with singing as I just did it too. The fact that you wrote this just makes it all the more remarkable.

dekotaj

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 am

BRAVO!!!Mark BRAVO!!!!

WOW,I really enjoyed hearing you sing and play this morning.Was kind of hard to hear all the lyrics.But again a huge BRAVO!!on YOUR song and for giving singing ago for the first time.Great job.Fantastic Sir!

Kevin

tovo

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:21 pm

I have always had tremendous respect for your playing ability Mark, now I must extend that to your song-writing and singing ability. Nowhere in my stratosphere. I really would have liked to see it posted in the review section so I could hear what Neil has to say about it. I`m certain he would review it. Would you consider posting it there?

mark

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:14 am

Ness - Thanks for your help.
Can you give me more information about the timing issue. I switch from alternating bass to an appeggio style at that point and I'm aware that I end up with a bar of 3/4 where everything else is 4/4.
Other than that I thought it was in time. I typed it into Guitar pro and I can play along in time to that.

Tom - It was your post that finally made me bite the bullet. I thought if you were giving singing a go then I ought to as well.

Kevin - I know what you mean, my voice is barely loud enough to be heard over a fingerpicked guitar. I'm new to this and a bit scared if I go any louder it might crack or something

Tony - I did consider uploading this for review, but as far as i know Neil hasn't reviewed any original videos. I'm sure he will in the future but I think it opens up a whole new can of worms for him.
I hope that Neil in the future that Neil is going to do a whole lot on song writing.
Also I have to thank you, as it was some of your discussions about singing and finding the right song for your voice that persuaded me to have a go. I still haven't found that right song for my voice which is why I had to make one up!!

dennisg

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:01 am

You don't come here often, Mark, but when you do, you generally leave a lasting impression. Congratulations on another really solid performance. I have to admit that I was shocked when you started singing, because I've been watching you play for almost two years now with nary a peep out of you. Let's have some more singing.

lueders

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:44 am

Aaah I got it Mark, a time-signature-change in there, I could've known, actually I even wondered, but just didn't know, sorry I didn't say a word! ;)

mark wrote:
Ness - Thanks for your help.
Can you give me more information about the timing issue. I switch from alternating bass to an appeggio style at that point and I'm aware that I end up with a bar of 3/4 where everything else is 4/4.
Other than that I thought it was in time. I typed it into Guitar pro and I can play along in time to that.

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Mark,

I watched this a few days ago, and it stuck with me.
I hope you continue to explore this piece.

The writing IS on the wall... You're extremely talented.

mark

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:30 am

Dennis - Thanks a lot. I do spend quite a lot of time here, but I must admit most of it is lurking rather than posting

Nesh - thanks Nesh. The time signature change wasn't deliberate. The bass run just eneded where it ended and made the bar only 3 beats long. I should try and arrange it to make it 4 beats like every other bar.
I find that when I make things up they often don't fit nicely into 4/4 bars. I was thinking of uploading a video to ask Neil's help on this.

Al - Yes I hope to at least make up a few more words for this

mark

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:32 am

Here's my latest attempt at writing my own music.

All comments welcome - good, bad or indifferent.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jayswett

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:52 am

"Amazing" is the first thing that comes to mind as I ponder that video that I just watched. The lyrics, the unusual tuning, the singing. Just great.

I have been on TG since the beignning, or nearly so, and I don't recall anyone having submitted an instructional video of his/her original song. I think this would be a perfect time to start such a thing. No doubt there are some rules of etiquette that somehow apply to this sort of thing, but I am sure that I am not the only one who would love to learn this song, and if Mark would agree to submit the words and perhaps a closeup of the left hand, I for one would learn it. No pressure. Just a thought, but wow, I sure would love to learn that song. Well done, as usual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic