Busking Mark - updated with a new video

jcrocket

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Mark -

My compliments for a great composition, and a great job performing it. Your picking technique is impressive, to say the least - definitely something to aspire to.

I really enjoyed that!

Jeff

dtaylor

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 pm

I hope to be able to do something like this one day Mark, very impressive.

dsmarion

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Mark,
Ok I need to listen to that a couple more times - I saw the 5-string capo before I read your comment because the interesting way of fretting the F# caught my eye and I had to rewind it a couple times to catch what was going on there LOL. I also am glad you said the lyrics came about just from humming it first because I was afraid to ask the meaning of them. It seems like a bright song with possibly dark lyrics. But they always mean something to the creator different than people think they do (usually anyway). Very nice creative stroll - some very interesting bridge parts too, one sounds a little country and one sounds like it has just the slightest hint of blues. Either way it's a very nice effort - I never was any good at writing stuff and you seem to have little problem. Thanks for sharing that one!

Scott

BobR

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Mark,

Very, very nicely done. I need Bill's clapping hands for this one. Your original arrangement was really good and your finger picking is so good. Nice singing as well.

Thanks for busking.

Great Job

bob

millponddave

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Mark,

Very nice. I really enjoyed it.

Dave

Lavallee

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Mark, lovely song your wrote there. Nice chord progression. I particularly like the quarter bend up the neck and the bass run down with the thumb at the end. I did not notice the French Canadian accent in your singing but it was very good, still ;)

Marc

snipe

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Wow .... really good!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Mike... liked it alot!

Craig

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 am

Hey Mark,
I was wondering where you have been, now I can see you were busy writing a nice piece! I really like it. I thought all aspects of it were very well done! I've always been impressed with your posts, this one is no exception.
Craig

mark

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 am

Ken - Thanks for the encouragement. Me singing has surprised me as well!

Scott and Jeff - thanks a lot

Scott (Dsmarion) - You are right about the lyrics, they are a bit dark but they are not all that serious either. They were just the first things that popped in to my mind.
In my very limited attempts to write lyrics they are definately coming out more Black sabbath than KC and the sunshine band.
A few months ago I would have said that i couldn't write anything for myself as well, but I think it's a case of taking what you know and tweaking it to make it something else.
I spent a lot of time thinking I couldn't write anything because I was thinking that what I did had to be much better than it was.

Dean - I'm sure you are ready to start doing your own stuff

Bob - yeah where is Bill and his clapping hands

Dave, Marc, Mike and Craig - thanks all

mark

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 am

Gosh Mark!

What can I say, I loved it all....the playing, the relaxed travispicking, going up the neck, bend, bassruns, the singing (big kudos for that!) and especially the atmosphere in the song, wow so very well done!

If I may add, in this bassrun at 01.22, and 03.01 and the end of the song there is a little off timing-thing, wich I'm only bringing up in case you'd like to know.

Again, I just loved it!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic