Busking Mark - updated with a new video

mark

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:09 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Mark just watched your videos. You are a talented player no doubts there. I thought your song was fantastic! If I have a small point to make, I would say I would have liked to have been told more of a story through the lyrics, just my preference and in no way does it detract from your brilliant work.

I also loved your solo piece, very original and you just played it so well. I take my hat off to you, fine work all round. I look forward to more of these.

Tom N.
Hi Tom
I take your point about the song telling more of a story.
It's got a few more lyrics to it now but not many.

It a song about getting old and just makes small observations about getting old.
I suppose if it was going to tell a story I would have to die at the end of it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tovo

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:22 pm

mark wrote:

You're wrong about the the talent though. I have very little natural talent for music
I stand corrected. You're a talentless hack Mark! :laugh:

Lavallee

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Very enjoyable work, Mark. Your mixing of strumming and fingerpicking was quite interesting. Good idea to have nails to brush on the first beat but not all the time, it gives a bit a metronome feel but since it is not all the time, the listener kinda expect it again so it becomes a rhythmic melody on its own. Nice picked melody as well.

Very entertaining

Marc

mark

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 am

tovo wrote:
mark wrote:

You're wrong about the the talent though. I have very little natural talent for music
I stand corrected. You're a talentless hack Mark! :laugh:
that's better :laugh:

mark

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:49 am

Lavallee wrote:
Very enjoyable work, Mark. Your mixing of strumming and fingerpicking was quite interesting. Good idea to have nails to brush on the first beat but not all the time, it gives a bit a metronome feel but since it is not all the time, the listener kinda expect it again so it becomes a rhythmic melody on its own. Nice picked melody as well.

Very entertaining

Marc
Thanks Marc for your support

tombo1230

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 am

mark wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Mark just watched your videos. You are a talented player no doubts there. I thought your song was fantastic! If I have a small point to make, I would say I would have liked to have been told more of a story through the lyrics, just my preference and in no way does it detract from your brilliant work.

I also loved your solo piece, very original and you just played it so well. I take my hat off to you, fine work all round. I look forward to more of these.

Tom N.
Hi Tom
I take your point about the song telling more of a story.
It's got a few more lyrics to it now but not many.

It a song about getting old and just makes small observations about getting old.
I suppose if it was going to tell a story I would have to die at the end of it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ha ha, a bit extreme maybe!

Most people will sing about their life, loves, or experiences. You don't actually have to die, but you could sing about someone who has died.........ok that's probably heading into blues territory. :dry: :huh: :) Good music deserves good lyrics, that's what I say. Anyway......what do you know about getting old? :)

Tom N.

lueders

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 am

That's Beautiful Mark!! A gorgeous piece of music!!

I like how you sorta wove the parts together but kept going back to that main theme.
That was just really, really great, man.

abiliog

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 am

Good work Mark, I love the feeling you put into it.
Be able to compose beautiful music is something I aspire to, but in the next twenty years, maybe.
If you think you don't have great talent to music, now imagine mine. I must disagree with you here. :laugh:
Again, great work, specially the new song which I really like a lot.
Abilio

MarkM

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Mark,

Very cool song for sure. I have visions of sitting on a front porch as summer gives way to fall feeling some of that cool autumn evening air. I really enjoyed this. I'd be interested in how you go about the construction of your song writing. What is the process that you find yourself going through when ideas come to mind.

MarkM

takhak

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Great songs and with all the songs there are to play,to have people wanting learn yours has to be a big boost too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic