Busking Mark - updated with a new video

daryl

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:54 am

Mark, I thought it was really good. Some nice little melody bits in there. Nice rhythm and syncopation. Maybe you can try and play along with yourself and add a 2nd guitar part. Perhaps a harmony to the melody or an arpeggio-like rhythm part. Nice!

Now, I must apologize for not commenting on your other video in this thread "The Writing Is On The Wall". I don't know how I missed it. But like everyone else has said, it is VERY impressive. Solid finger picking. Nice drop-D effect. Good melody. Good singing. Keep the originals coming!

jayswett

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 am

tovo wrote:
I have always had tremendous respect for your playing ability Mark, now I must extend that to your song-writing and singing ability. Nowhere in my stratosphere. I really would have liked to see it posted in the review section so I could hear what Neil has to say about it. I`m certain he would review it. Would you consider posting it there?
This is a great idea. I would love to see what Neil has to say about this original song.

BobR

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Mark,

All I can say is it sounded really good to me. As Daryl pointed out it would be cool if you could add a second guitar part.

Very nicely written

Bob

Craig

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 am

Mark,
Congratulations! Very cool indeed. I loved it. I really like the little hammer-on/pull-off lick in there. You do a great job of staying steady with a lot of other stuff going on. I'm really impressed and very happy for you. Keep at it!

Craig

tovo

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Mark I just watched ALL the videos again. I initially thought someone had bumped your previous efforts to the top (which would be justified) so I'm glad I took the time to read and it was then I noticed your new video. Perhaps you could add something to the title of the thread to indicate a new video? I'd hate for people to miss the chance to see this.

Mate, just awesome. I thoroughly loved it. I simply can't give you enough gushing kudos in writing to match how I react to your playing. It's so fluid, clean and melodic. If you aren't the most talented person I've had the pleasure to meet on this site, then you are damned close. A pretty impressive girl in Holland springs to mind as well! But hey, it's certainly not a competition, I just think you have a rare talent that is to be praised.

Although your style is different to what I aspire to, your skill certainly is not. An absolute inspiration.

What else could I say? You're a good looking dude as well!! B)

mark

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:49 pm

jayswett wrote:
"Amazing" is the first thing that comes to mind as I ponder that video that I just watched. The lyrics, the unusual tuning, the singing. Just great.

I have been on TG since the beignning, or nearly so, and I don't recall anyone having submitted an instructional video of his/her original song. I think this would be a perfect time to start such a thing. No doubt there are some rules of etiquette that somehow apply to this sort of thing, but I am sure that I am not the only one who would love to learn this song, and if Mark would agree to submit the words and perhaps a closeup of the left hand, I for one would learn it. No pressure. Just a thought, but wow, I sure would love to learn that song. Well done, as usual.
Thanks Jay your support means a lot.
I could provide the lyrics and tab to anybody who was interested - just pm me

mark

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:52 pm

daryl wrote:
Mark, I thought it was really good. Some nice little melody bits in there. Nice rhythm and syncopation. Maybe you can try and play along with yourself and add a 2nd guitar part. Perhaps a harmony to the melody or an arpeggio-like rhythm part. Nice!

Now, I must apologize for not commenting on your other video in this thread "The Writing Is On The Wall". I don't know how I missed it. But like everyone else has said, it is VERY impressive. Solid finger picking. Nice drop-D effect. Good melody. Good singing. Keep the originals coming!
BobR wrote:
Hi Mark,

All I can say is it sounded really good to me. As Daryl pointed out it would be cool if you could add a second guitar part.

Very nicely written

Bob
A second part is an interesting idea. I must admit that I nearly always try and arrange everything for just one guitar without any accompliment.

tombo1230

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Mark just watched your videos. You are a talented player no doubts there. I thought your song was fantastic! If I have a small point to make, I would say I would have liked to have been told more of a story through the lyrics, just my preference and in no way does it detract from your brilliant work.

I also loved your solo piece, very original and you just played it so well. I take my hat off to you, fine work all round. I look forward to more of these.

Tom N.

mark

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:03 pm

tovo wrote:
Mark I just watched ALL the videos again. I initially thought someone had bumped your previous efforts to the top (which would be justified) so I'm glad I took the time to read and it was then I noticed your new video. Perhaps you could add something to the title of the thread to indicate a new video? I'd hate for people to miss the chance to see this.

Mate, just awesome. I thoroughly loved it. I simply can't give you enough gushing kudos in writing to match how I react to your playing. It's so fluid, clean and melodic. If you aren't the most talented person I've had the pleasure to meet on this site, then you are damned close. A pretty impressive girl in Holland springs to mind as well! But hey, it's certainly not a competition, I just think you have a rare talent that is to be praised.

Although your style is different to what I aspire to, your skill certainly is not. An absolute inspiration.

What else could I say? You're a good looking dude as well!! B)
Well you got me all embarrassed with all that praise :P

I totally agree about music not being a competition.

You're wrong about the the talent though. I have very little natural talent for music but have a determination to make music in the end.
Just shows that anyone can play the guitar as long as they are willing to give up years trying. :laugh:

mark

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Craig wrote:
Mark,
Congratulations! Very cool indeed. I loved it. I really like the little hammer-on/pull-off lick in there. You do a great job of staying steady with a lot of other stuff going on. I'm really impressed and very happy for you. Keep at it!

Craig
Hi Craig
Thanks again for your support

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic