Busking Carole King

daryl

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

I was having busking-uploader issues with this video for some reason. So I uploaded it a 2nd time (with a different image) to see if I could get this "Busking Carole King" thread to work.....

daryl

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 pm

I decided to go video-less this time (since I showed my face last time) and I am really swamped with farm chores right now and do not have the time to do all the audio/video syncing. Here’s my attempt at Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (with a little bit of fun at the end). Vocals, bass (on my 6-string Ovation), and 2 guitar tracks (one straight first position chords and the other upper positions arpeggio like stuff). Hopefully when I get caught up with things around here I will make a proper video with PIPS and all.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dennisg

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Way to go, Daryl. You've officially broken the gender barrier on TG (well, in this particular direction anyway) by singing a song by a female artist. Congratulations, mazel tov, and I hope this is the first of many such songs we get by female artists.

Oh, and you did a terrific job on it, too. As always.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi Daryl , great playing again, and a crooner voice on top of that. A back track with applauds? You are ready for a CD . I was wondering if the finger picking and base would not benefit from being a little louder. We hear the strumming and your voice but not much of the accompaniments which would make the production richer, more like a full band.

Great work, good idea to sing a female singer song

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Well there has been one advantage of this taking a week to upload to the busking uploader Daryl... you are completely en vogue as Dennis points out.
You know already that I think this is a great job and really well sung to boot!
Well done!

dsmarion

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Hey Daryl. Nice job! I know I am with others in saying I can't wait to see the full production when you get the time. I also agree with Marc about the accompanyment being a bit far in the background but I am sure you will adjust this on the video version. Nice singing!

Scott

BobR

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Daryl,

Super job on this. It will be nice to see your final version with the PIPs.

Bob

Craig

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Daryl,
Funny, I've had the Carole King/James Taylor live at the Trubador CD in my car this past week! Your usual wonderful job on this. Thanks for letting us have a listen. Well done.
Craig

millponddave

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Daryl, You can add my applause to the mix . great job.

Dave

willem

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:00 am

Why do i alway's mix up names (Carol king vs Carly Simon) and now Caroll King vs Daryl ffffsooo.....lol....there goes day's sitting in editing vids so we have to be patiens and get the reward...be calm Ca... Uh Daryl..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic