Busking Carole King

jcrocket

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:21 am

Daryl, nice job, great performance and sound quality.

Jeff

AcousticAl

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Nice job here Daryl!
Very enjoyable upload.

You've done a great job with the layering.
Have you ever thought of doing a harmony track?

suziko

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:36 am

Very pretty, Daryl. I think your voice sounded so nice in this one. I hope we do get to see an updated version where we can see your face, though. I've always loved this song; there's something very poignant about it for me.

Suzi

daryl

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:07 am

For those of you who were interested in seeing a video of me playing this song. Here is a quick and dirty video. One take, no effects....

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Daryl,

thanks for posting this Man! As much as I enjoy your usual well-edited, polished posts with all the bells& whistles... I would much rather see you performances it like thi, I think...That was great, man!!! Very enjoyable! thought you did a heck of a good job on it!!

I thought your singing was pretty good! I know coming from me that isn't worth a whole helluva lot...but I sure enjoyed it!!

Cori

michelew

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Daryl that was really nice. Please keep singing, it really adds another welcome dimension to the song.

I enjoyed both versions. I notice that the phantom is back. maybe his mask was at the dry cleaners last time. Perhaps we should send someone around to nick it. B)

Very nice.

M.

snipe

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:52 am

Daryl,

it was simple but elegant and you have the pipes for it!!!!!!!!
Mike

daryl

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:29 am

Thank you all for the nice comments. Personally, I prefer the layered version (with the reverb on the vocals) because it sounds much fuller and richer with the bass and 2nd guitar and is played a bit slower. The 2nd video was too rushed but I wanted to get something up in case someone felt compelled to learn this song. It really is an easy song to play.....

dsmarion

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:10 am

Well, while I can see why you would want to make the full production with the effects (nice and polished, better sound, etc.) I like seeing the down-n-dirty version too. You can't hide anything in the effects, it's simple and direct and much quicker to produce as well. It is much more like a live performance which I prefer. Lots of songs I don't even like particularly I still like to see performed live, ya know? I like your picking/strumming technique also, very nice. For someone like me who used a pick all his life I am amazed how much people can do without it. Oh yeah, nice vocals too.

Scott

tgjameela

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:36 am

Hi Daryl,

Well I have to admit that i like the down n dirty better. I've been tempted to do such a thing as well, as in adding harmonies, other instruments, but then it's a multiple me. Personally I like to show how I play and sing when being by myself, just me and my guitar.

So indeed, this is you and only you and I very much enjoyed it as such.

And man, please keep singing!!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic