Busking Stephen Stills

buddy

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 pm

A quick cover of Johnny's Garden that I put together because I was missing the mountains.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dsmarion

Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 am

Buddy,

Hey that was great! I really like your right-hand picking style, I am struggling to keep my right hand as quiet and smooth as yours. That also is a nice song because the simply chord pattern lets you concentrate on the vocals which sounded great with a lot of feeling. I like your recording setup too. All around a great job!

Scott

8calm8

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

Wow Nesh

It may have been raining but let me tell you the sun shone brightly out of that performance, what a joy to listen to. I don`t even like the song but love your interpretation, better than the original. You weren`t thinking about the guitar playing you wre just feeling it and what a voice.more please.

Love and peace

G

8calm8

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:41 am

Hey Buddy

That was beautiful man. I wish I had your voice. Lovely feeling in your guitar complimented great singing.

Love and peace

G

dsmarion

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Hey my TG-friends, I'm sorry I'm late to thank you!

Suzi: Hi sweetie, well as you already know, how great of you to stop by! Am so very pleased that you liked it, it's indeed a fun song to play, and yep, I'm just not able to sit still, too much energy going on in there, haha!
And yeah, I very much like the anecdote of my teacher as well, just one of those things that you just never forget. And I'm sure that from a teenager's perspective, what you wrote then was very deep indeed! ;) As an adult, haha, well that's usually.....uh......well you obviously know what i mean! ;)

Mbleier: Thank you very much Mike, thanks for checking it out and I am very happy to hear that you've enjoyed it!

Pierre: Hi Pierre, always great to read you! And yeah, I had that feeling as well, when those CSN&Y were coming up, couple in DADDAD-tuning.....well I bought two more steelstrings after that, so I get what you mean! :P Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Scott: Haha, fun, yeah fun indeed, that is for me to play and sing it, just so very great that it is also FUN to watch! And gosh, it's even your old time favourite by those guys, well really thrilled that you liked it! As for the weather, I almost uploaded another one yesterday, another grey and rainy day, haha, but wasn't content just yet, who knows....maybe soon again! ;) You're sweet Scott, thanks!

Giovanni: Hi G. thank you so much for dropping by and.... :blush: ......well very very happy that even when you don't like the song you can still appreciate me playing it, thanks again!

Ness

AcousticAl

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Smooooth as buttuh, Buddy.

Thanks for introducing me to this great song.

buddy

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:25 pm

8calm8 wrote:
Hey Buddy

That was beautiful man. I wish I had your voice. Lovely feeling in your guitar complimented great singing.

Love and peace

G
Thanks and really glad you enjoyed this tune,

Bud

buddy

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Smooooth as buttuh, Buddy.

Thanks for introducing me to this great song.
Al, are you trying to butter me up :laugh: I am really glad I stumbled across this tune as well. It has such a happy nice feel to it.

Bud

michelew

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:40 pm

mbleier wrote:
Ness,

Solid solid solid as always. I really enjoyed it like everyone else. I don't know how long you have been playing but from the videos you put out I'd say you have a year or two under your guitar playing belt.

Thanks for sharing,

Mike
Mike that must be the understatement of the year! 'a year or two' you're hilarious. I bet you'd make a great straight man in a comedy duo.

Most if us are way to obvious and just ask 'Woman why is it that you don't play professionally?'

'a year or two' hilarious! Still smiling at that one.

Thanks for the giggle.

Michele

buddy

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Here is a rendition of Treetop Flyer by Stephen Stills.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic