Busking Stephen Stills

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Just when I want to pull out my newly learned (from WIllem) Dutch saying for Hühnerhaut ... I can't recall it....
ah... kippenvel!

Yes ma'm, you give me kippenvel ;-).
Great job again!

willem

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Nesh,,ponding he,,well i imagine after a day work and the beautiful weather here that you needed to do this,,it showed i geuss,,oke the song needs really the harmonies but wow what a guitar playing..i hope you will have a great three weeks off and the sun is really goin to shine here so you relax and finish some other great tunes you want or have some fun together,, i must say the weather makes me sad and lazy can't hit anything but it will come back..

Vanessa great job,,uh great playing..thanks

EDIT AFTER LISTEN AGAIN,,,i know you love endings...lol (you know what i mean!!)

thereshopeyet

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:43 pm

Thanks

mcfingers

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Outstanding! Loved it. Totally awesome job.

millponddave

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Vannesa, WOW, You just played my all time favorite rock song, and spectacularly as well. What a joy it is to watch you play. I haven't been trying much in that tuning, although I really like the sound of it, but now I know what my next project song will be. I had forgotten that it was even in the TARGET lessons. Thanks once again for showing us all what is possible with time and practice.

Dave

dsmarion

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 am

Ness,
Ok you are having way too much fun there! That is what is so rewarding about playing is sometimes just playing for your own enjoyment and having fun. It is nice being able to play for others but sometimes you just want to do what you like! Fun to watch, thanks for sharing!

Scott

michelew

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:46 am

Nessa,

WOW, WOW, WOW! Well that was fantastic and sure put a smile on my face. :) :) :) :) :) - fill the page with them.

In fact I've watched it 4 times throughout the day (it will be more) and even though I've had a crappy day, you've managed ot put a big smile on my face each time.

I swear your hand was blurring, your superhuman abilities shining through there. All round it was just awesome. OK not just awesome, awesome plus. Awesome squared, no, cubed, awesome times infinity. I think that's big. You get the picture. B) Yep...I think I might have liked it,

I even liked the [delete expression, bad in translation] plectrum chuck at the end. And of course who wouldn't smile at the huge smile and 'I've had fun' expression on your face. Priceless.

I'm also hoping that this is just the beginning of you pumping out videos over your holiday. Well why shoulddnt we enjoy it too right? B)

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

Keep them coming. So cool.

Den - please make sure you pick me up when you're on your way to Nessa's house, some afternoon that would be. Woo Hoo!

Shel

MarkM

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:11 am

Now that was fun Vanessa. 2nd time around I grabbed one of my guitars that is tuned with you here and played along. Made my morning. Great job as always. One can never go wrong with a CSNY song. Especially on a Friday morning.

MarkM

lueders

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Sorry I'm late... :( :(

I knew it was gonna be great from your animated opening, "open" strum. (Very good showmanship there...you looked like you were showing us a magic trick! HeHe! FUNNY! CRACKED ME UP!)

Okay, well that isn't ALL completely truthful I guess...WE all pretty much knew it was gonna be great when we saw the letters: BUSKING STEPHEN STILLS BY NESH... & You never manage to disappoint? How do you manage to do that?

This was AWESOME, VERY FUN & EXPERTLY PLAYED VANESSA.(Nothing new, there.) But YOU make it fun.
To be honest, I have never understood the lyrics to this song. Maybe you/someone can explain 'em to me. I guess I am a little slow. LOL!

TANGENT ALERT: Most of the time pop culture...(i.e. song lyrics, novels, comics, film etc. etc.) Seems to say: follow your dreams, go for the gusto, climb that mountain, storm that beach, go find that girl you love...but NO, here is Stephen Stills saying: simply settle. Huh? :huh: I think he is right up to a point... we should be grateful and happy with what we have but we're talkin' about the big "L' here dude! ...okay, there I'm better!

Anyways, this is a classic example of a tune I'm not all that crazy about...and then I hear you do it & I like it MUCH better than the original! That has happened several times!! It is always a pleasure to watch your videos!!
I loved your...DOO DEW do DO...do do dew do's at the end. (another moment that gave me a big > :) ) & Also, Your playing was excellent as always....

I loved your story! Your former teacher sounds quite amusing. That really is a funny story! I enjoyed that too. :laugh: Thanks for sharing... I could almost picture school-age Vanessa writing on your paper that and your good-natured, wisenheimer teacher responding...great stuff!

Cori

Yamaha48

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello my girlfriend.

What a great sound,and your strumming is fantastic.
When i listen to this song,you make me happy.
What can i say more????? i like itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

cheers.................warm greetings.

Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic