Busking Stephen Stills

daryl

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Hey all!

Well you've certainly been brightning up my yesterday and today, I could sure use it! ;) Just so great of you all!

Dennis: I believe instantly that you provided great harmonies there, gosh wish I could've heard it :woohoo: ! And I so wish that it was possible to spend a day of playing and singing anything that pops up in our minds and I just love it that it made you laugh and happy, just só great to hear, thanks Den! :kiss:

Bob: Aaaah Bob, thank you very much for your sweet comment, and yeah, I did have fun no matter how grey it was outside! :cheer:

Kevin: Oh gosh Kevin... :blush: ....that really touches my heart.... And uh...my test, haha, I have nó idea what score that was, but he was a physics-teacher, and really I'm nó good at that! Thank you so much Kevin, it really means a lot to me, great to hear that it made you rock to it! :P

Dean: Thanks Dean, am very pleased that you've enjoyed it!

Ken: My oh my, Ken, your comment made me smile big time again, really I hear you loud and clear! :cheer: And yeah, I did have a good time, so great to hear that it is obvious, I mean it's still a video. Thank you so much, you're a sweetheart! :)

Craig: Smiling! Thanks Craig, am very happy to read that you find it inspiring, thanks again!!

Tony: That's so sweet to say Tony, I truly appreciate it, thank you very much! :)

Abilio: Haha, I get your point Abilio :laugh:! A very funny way of telling me that you obviously liked it, thanks a lot :laugh:!

Daryl: Thank you very much Daryl! Am very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed it! Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's my best song? But indeed, three weeks off, who knows! :P

Chris: Haha, 'kippenvel', I got it Chris! :laugh: ;) Couldn't ask for more right :P ?! Thank you so much!

Willem: Yeah, I know what you mean Willem, more and more people are getting down because of the weather over here, it's depressing.. :( ....and yep, I certainly lóve endings, they réally need to be.....uh....uh :dry: ....someone help!!

Dermot: Hahaha, that's a great picture! :laugh: :laugh: Me and sitting still...well chances are that it's not going to happen! :P Thanks my friend!

Steve: Aaaaah thank you so much Steve, am thrilled that you loved it! :cheer:

Dave: Your old time favourite rocksong, really?! Well that makes me even more happy reading your comment! :woohoo: Am very very glad that you enjoyed it, thank you very much Dave!

Scott: Thank you Scott, I agree, it's great to just play and sing and enjoy myself, wich I actually do every day, indeed like yesterday, at least I can choose whatever Í want to play, haha! :P

Michele: Hi Shel, WÓW smiling, smiling, smiling!!! :blush: :) :) :) :) and a lot more of course! ;) I'm so happy that I could make yóu smile on a crappy day! 'Awesome times infinity', haha, really I got it, I thínk you kinda liked it! :P What can I say?! I just LOVE it that you loved it and please come along with Dennis, thát would be so AWESOME! ;) Thank you so much sweetie!

Mark: Just great to hear that it made your morning! :) And yeah another guitar with this one would be very nice indeed! ;)

Cori: Hahaha, Cori, you never fail to crack mé up! :laugh: :laugh: A magic trick?! :laugh: Sorry, still laughing! And I do get your point of course: simply settle! :ohmy: :dry: uh.....yeah, some truth in there....but uh.....!?
Anyway, you're right, my teacher, a physics-teacher, was really cool, nice and friendly, easy to talk with, kinda crazy, like a lot of teachers, haha, maybe like you??! :P ....uh..or me?! :dry: :silly: However, I love the story as well, I thought it was sooooooo cool, haha :laugh: ! Thank you so much Cori, it was hilarious reading your comment, wich was also a very sweet one, heartwarming! :)

Anton: Hey Anton, so great of you to stop by! :cheer: So great to hear that it made you happy and that you liked iiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttt :P ! Thank you veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much my friend! ;)

Again, thank you all so much, you've certainly made my yesterday and today, WOW :) !

Ness

daryl

Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Why is it your best song?

- The wonderful full sound of your guitar with the open tuning. The rich bass notes along with the crisp highs.
- The wonderful rhythm you played with such ease.
- The energy you delivered in your playing and singing
- The overall ease of your playing
- The wonderful high note you hit at 2:46
- The do-do-do-do's
- And the obvious enjoyment you got out of playing this song.

dekotaj

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:05 pm

daryl wrote:
Why is it your best song?

- The wonderful full sound of your guitar with the open tuning. The rich base notes along with the crisp highs.
- The wonderful rhythm you played with such ease.
- The energy you delivered in your playing and singing
- The overall ease of your playing
- The wonderful high note you hit at 2:46
- The do-do-do-do's
- And the obvious enjoyment you got out of playing this song.
I second That!!!!

AcousticAl

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:27 pm

I want your strumming skills!!

Actually I want all of your skills.

Lovin it!!!

Lavallee

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi Vanessa, as all the others have said, another great video. I am just amaze at the energy you can communicate from your playing.

A real inspiration

Marc

lueders

Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Daryl: Well you really know how to make a point, I read you loud and clear! :) Pointing out the high note at 2.46 actually really made me smile, feel flattered that you noticed that one, thank you very much for the extra feedback Daryl!

Kevin: Haha, oh gosh, more smiling and smiling!! You're so sweet Kevin! :blush: :P

Al: Aaaah Al, that's just so very great to read, but my oh my, just watched your new Bread-upload, you definitely got skills of your own! Thank you very much Al! :)

Marc: Thank you very much Marc, thanks for checking it out and for the kind comment, I really appreciate it!

Thanks again guys! :)

Ness

suziko

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:32 am

I am sorry I'm late to getting to this. I haven't been around TG too much the last couple of days and only realized you'd posted it because of Cori's thread about Stephen Stills.

Wow, Nessa, that was so much fun! Such high energy, great vocals and killer guitar playing. This would really bring down the house if you were playing it for a crowd.

I also really enjoyed your anecdote from school. When I was younger I used to write "deep" lyrics in the back of my diary. I recently found one, and was retroactively embarrassed by what I thought was "deep" at the time!

Suzi

mbleier

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Ness,

Solid solid solid as always. I really enjoyed it like everyone else. I don't know how long you have been playing but from the videos you put out I'd say you have a year or two under your guitar playing belt.

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

cosmicmechanic

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Vanessa, you are quite a source of inspiration, quick as lightning on this. It's also added motivation to get a second guitar for songs with different tunings.

Pierre

sbutler

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 am

Well Vanessa, its about time that you finally posted something eh? Cold rainy day huh? What do we get when the sun starts shining?

As I've said before, your just plain FUN to watch. AND that just happens to be my all time favorite CSN&Y song. I'm sure glad you choose to hang around us newbies, cause some of us want to play like you and damn your FUN to watch.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic