Busking Jesse Winchester

lueders

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Jim, your getting more bite/better dynamics with that pick & it is coming along quite nicely!
Looks like you are getting more & more command of the instrument every time you pick it up. And that is only gonna keep getting better for you at the rate you are
progressing. Anymore Uke songs coming our way? Enjoyed that last one a lot!

Cori

jimcjimc

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for all the comments. There have been times in the past where I uploaded a video or started a thread and then hated to see it drop down in the forum. When I re-watched this video and cringed at the sound quality & overall quality, I was hoping it would drop off the front page pretty quickly... But no such luck! :)

Daryl - Great suggestions! I really appreciate it.

Kevin - funny how that happens, you hear a word or a phrase or song for the first time and then within hours or days you encounter it again.

Al - the GS Mini is fun to play and sounds pretty good in the right hands

Marc - Yes, I stopped strumming with the index finger and started to use a pick. Sometimes it sounds like too much pick noise though. I started with a thin pick (.38mm), This time I used a heavier pick (.50 or .63) and I need to figure out how to lighten the effect. Lots of things to work on. I have also been practicing finger picking and will try a video of that one of these days.

Cori - Thanks for the comment. I have a few more ukulele songs I could do - maybe, The Hukilau next. That thread has been quiet lately.

I thought there might be comments on the cringe-worthyTom Jones video. That was from an old TV show called The Midnight Special.

Jim

daryl

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi Jim,

Well I did check out this song on youtube, I could only find a cover, wich was still a good one. I didn't cringe at Tom Jones-version, I know how he is, it was kinda amusing though. Actually Elvis Presley and he were friends and Elvis stole a lot of his entertaining-stuff (like the throwing shawls into the audience) when he was starting to perform again after his horrible movies. It turned out to be véry succesful for him!

Anyway, I appreciate your effort here, thanks for sharing it with us and great that you're using a pick now!

Very nice guitar as well, I'm sure you're very happy with it!

cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic