Busking Joe Crookston

buddy

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Pierre,

Sorry to hear about such a negative experience in your local paradise. With that said, this was wonderfulyl done and it is nice to see a video post from you.

Bud

BobR

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Pierre, George

So sorry to hear about the situation.That really sucks big time. But you guys did a great job.

bob

reiver

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Pierre

Very sorry to hear about your situation there, Pierre. Thought your video was great, congratulations to you and George.

Stuart

skaladar

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 pm

That was a very nice collaboration Pierre. It’s just a shame it was provoked by the events happening around you.

Nice touch adding the lyrics to the video. I think it gives the words more impact to someone (like me) who is unfamiliar with the song.

Kudos to you and George on a job well done.

♫ Ken ♫

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks for posting that great song from your lake Pierre!

Doesn't even Canada have any respect left to out natural environment? Sod the bastards who rape the landscape... may they rot in hell.

MarkM

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Pierre,

My fine northerly friend. I loved every second of this song you and George did. Now I'll have to go and check this artist out. Based on your circumstances it makes me think of Dire Straits Telegraph Road. I'd say something profound but that isn't usually my style. Good luck....bad luck.... It all usually evens out in the end. Bad luck that they are tearing down some beautiful land but good luck that because of that you were able to share this performance with us. Great playing and singing on this one. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

millponddave

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 pm

I enjoyed that song very much. I have never heard of Joe Crookston, but I'm gonna check him out. As for your lake, being a full-fledged tree huger, it infuriates me to no end when I hear of such destruction for short term monetary gain. When will we learn that there are things in life so much more important than money. It truly breaks my heart.

Dave

wrench

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:52 pm

I loved the song Pierre, and it always warms my heart to hear music played as a family. I find it distressing that Canada is being scarred by commercial interests. I have many fond memories of visits to Canada over the last 35 years, and I am always overwhelmed at its abundant natural beauty.

Perhaps this song is appropriate. A YouTube poster suggested the song sounded angry. Still appropriate.

dennisg

Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm

As someone who comes from a region of America where logging is big business, I really sympathize, Pierre. Bad luck, bad luck. But I loved being able to hear your wonderful song. Good luck, good luck.

suziko

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Pierre and George,

What a great song! Thank you for introducing me to it; it's now a new fave.

The two of you sounded great together. Loved the picking and strumming combo. A real treat.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic