Busking Joe Crookston

cosmicmechanic

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 am

Be forewarned ... this may be a bit heavy.

I just got back from a couple of weeks at my very isolated cottage ... no electricity, it is Tarzan country, or so it was ...
Less than a month ago, industrial interests, unannounced, had descended on the area with huge machinery to make a sand quarry out of the surrounding landscape.

This means trucking out whole mountains and clear-cutting the forests, leaving a donut of woods around our lake.

Maybe some of you out there have known that kind of grief ...

So When I found myself in this environmental catastrophe, I had to go into grief management mode.

I found some comfort in this song by Joe Crookston ...
It's only natural in times of tragedy to cope by trying to see how all things are relative and try to become wiser.

==========

You can see for yourself that such a paradise should not be destroyed.

==========

I also started researching Joe Crookston and his wonderful work is well worth looking into.

I first discovered Joe on a folk podcast I'm addicted to ... this song was on my mp3 player, and
my daughter's boyfriend George (he's a pro musician), my son and I worked out chords on the spur of the moment.

Oh yes, here is a link to the original audio:

So then, George and I are having a go at it.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

tovo

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:59 am

My man Pierre! (And Pierre's mate George)....as a mate of mine says...I freakin loved it. Great work. What a breathtaking setting and you 2 guys were pretty tight on this I must say.

I am so sorry for the anguish caused by the clear-cutting Pierre. I don't know much about the issue...but I do know it's a damn shame to see such a beautiful setting interfered with...for little real gain I suspect.

A great tribute. Very cool song and well...I REALLY liked it. Bravo!

abiliog

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 am

Pierre,
Sorry to hear about that,
However, you relieved your feelings through music, a good therapy.
Maybe those guys do not come back anymore to that beautiful place.
Thanks for sharing,
Abilio

Lavallee

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 am

Salut Pierre,

Very nice view you guys have from your cottage. Really enjoyed the duet . George and yourself are making a good team. I also like that you figured out the chords.

Are you hearing the trucks on a regular basis yet?

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:01 am

Lavallee wrote:
Salut Pierre,
... Are you hearing the trucks on a regular basis yet? ...
Salut Marc,

Since yesterday, I am at home where things are more quiet than back there ...

... "Trucks on a regular basis" ?
My friend Marc, there is nothing that could be put that politely, unfortunately the book of rules is not meant for all.

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 am

Pierre,

That was a great song and a great tribute to the beautiful surroundings.

I'm hoping that like in the song, the bad luck changes soon.

snipe

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:24 am

Pierre, George:

I thought that was quite excellent. You guys pulled off the duet thing really well..

Nice Job!

Mike

willem

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 am

Hi Pierre,,nice song,nice performing,,,pity is making rubbish at your lake so to say(can't you make a fist??),i like quietly nature places to find some rest and returning to earth,,be well..

dekotaj

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

BRAVO!!Guys

Great tune!I'll have to go check out more of his stuff.

SORRY to hear about your understandable grief.Try and remember(no one had a rainbow till they had some rain!!)Just saying,hope it all works out in the end.Peace!!

Kevin

Craig

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:07 am

Pierre,
Very nice job! I enjoyed that very much. It must be great to have someone to play with like you do. I'm sorry that your great effort is surrounded by such a tragic situation.
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic