Collaboration of Blackbird

willem

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Tony. another great idea. I think this is a great way for anyone, myself included, to post a video (or part in this case) for the first time. A bit like doing Karaoke, but with your pals beside you. :)

Ok. just my twopence worth on shooting and editing the video. (This is what I do for a living, well the editing part). When I edit music videos I try to get the camera people/Director to get the group to play to their own cd as it is a good anchor right or wrong for the timing as I'm sure we all know. The group mimes to their own cd or even play along in time if they are good enough. I am not suggesting people mime but I am suggesting everyone plays along with Willems track or a fixed tempo as has alredy been suggested. The advantage of playing to a track is that like the cd track I mentioned before, whilst editing you can use this track as a guide and while keeping the track playing on other audio tracks you can cut in the various sections you want to cut in. If you have all tracks playing you can slide things around to keep sync. This is what the pro's do. When you have your edit finished you should have two complete tracks running side by side in sync. Delete the guide trk and you should have a clean track of TG members playing to the correct tempo in time.

Hope I haven't made this too confusing as I am writing this in a hurry as I am on my way out for half an hour.

I can play Blackbird so would also like to be included please?

Tom N.

A baut my recorded track,, i can put up one with a choosen tempo,,or one with less volume on the melody(i thought that was also handy to know were you are when you lost track),, i can also do one were you only hear the tictac(could be nice to hear that on the finished vid...and you really need (when you choose my track) to study a bit the Gpro file or pdf from that,,

tovo

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:42 am

Hey Tom. Thanks VERY much mate for jumping in. Yes I do think that Willem's track would be a great guide. Sounds like you could do a much more professional job than me of the video as well! (Not trying to palm off to you at all Tom but if you happen to be keen please don't hesitate to jump in...I'm not precious about ownership of this at all. My motivation is just for people to share and have fun, that's all)

Anyway Willem, I reckon the backing track needs to be a bit faster than your example...but the tictac would be good I agree.

I'll post details of where and how to upload video soon. I'll wait to hear from Tom and Willem first.

Cheers guys.

willem

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:24 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Tom. Thanks VERY much mate for jumping in. Yes I do think that Willem's track would be a great guide. Sounds like you could do a much more professional job than me of the video as well! (Not trying to palm off to you at all Tom but if you happen to be keen please don't hesitate to jump in...I'm not precious about ownership of this at all. My motivation is just for people to share and have fun, that's all)

Anyway Willem, I reckon the backing track needs to be a bit faster than your example...but the tictac would be good I agree.

I'll post details of where and how to upload video soon. I'll wait to hear from Tom and Willem first.

Cheers guys.

Hi Tony not so sure if the backing track must be faster (can everybody keep up with the tempo??) but i just want to help so please tell me how fast you or they want it..(this was 95 bpm.quarter note//cg tictac) maybe 108 beats?? the Gpro file given by Neil in the lesson say's 120 bpm,,if i know what tempo it is no problem to make it at ones(takes me only 15 minutes) and just have to switch audio files in AVS..

TODAY I EVEN MADE A SLOWER ONE 88 BPM..

We see ...cheers

EDIT: sorry i mixed thing up,THE BACKING TRACK I MADE IS 88 BPM,, so maybe i must speed up 95 bpm Has the file was original,,, i tryed faste but that is really to fast,, i work this out..

tombo1230

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:13 am

tovo wrote:

Cheers guys.
Hi Tony,
would like to help in any way I can. I'm happy to edit this if you like, as I can tweak the sound as well in my DAW. The editing should be straight forward, but is really down to how accurate everyone is in their timing, but I'm sure there is room for variance a little. This is going to be fun! :)

Tom N.

willem

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:32 am

88 Bpm

95 Bpm

tombo1230

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi Willem,
the slower speed seems closer to the right speed to me.

Tom N.

tovo

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey Tom I've sent you a PM.

Looks like we are going with the 88bpm backing track from Willem. (Thanks Willem)

2 things for me to do now:

1. I need to send you all a PM with details of how to upload your video so you can be included.
2. Tom and I need to set a deadline for having your video uploaded. I just need to discuss with Tom but don't worry, we will allow plenty of time and give everyone a reminder. I'm thinking something like a month.

Things for most of you guys to do:

1. Watch out for a PM from me with upload details.
2. Upload a video! Do the whole tune if you like, or just a part.

tombo1230

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 pm

tovo wrote:

Looks like we are going with the 88bpm backing track from Willem. (Thanks Willem)

1. I need to send you all a PM with details of how to upload your video so you can be included.
2. Tom and I need to set a deadline for having your video uploaded. I just need to discuss with Tom but don't worry, we will allow plenty of time and give everyone a reminder. I'm thinking something like a month.

Hi Tony,
I've been decorating my daughters flat all day. Then playing 5 asides tonight, just catching up.

Is this the same arrangement as the Blackbird song that Neil has produced? Willem do you have a Pdf that goes with your guide video perhaps? So that we are singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak.

Tom N.

willem

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 am

tombo1230 wrote:
tovo wrote:

Hi Tony,
I've been decorating my daughters flat all day. Then playing 5 asides tonight, just catching up.

Is this the same arrangement as the Blackbird song that Neil has produced? Willem do you have a Pdf that goes with your guide video perhaps? So that we are singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak.

Tom N.
Hi Tom, I sent you a pdf and Gpro that guide the video..

skaladar

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 am

Hi folks,

I’ve been watching this thread since the beginning (great idea Tony) but haven’t commented until now because at the time I didn’t know Blackbird *hangs head in shame*. :-)
Well I do now but I’m still not quite playing it as cleanly as I’d like to up to speed nor am I sure of the arrangement that will be used.
I do have the audio tracks of Willem’s uploads (thank you Willem and Song Surgeon).

Since it looks like the 88bmn track is what’s going to be used as a tempo reference it would sure be helpful to have a copies of the Gpro file and the pdf as well.
Willem, do you think you could make those files available for download at a file sharing site so you don’t have to individually send everyone involved (or interested) copies?
If that’s a problem for you I could do it if that’s what’s agreed upon. Of course if you prefer to send them upon requested I understand, in which case please consider this a request :-)

♫ Ken ♫

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic