Collaboration of Blackbird

willem

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:37 am

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
skaladar wrote:
I got the files you sent me earlier Willem. Thanks ye kindly for that. I noticed an error when I let it play thru in a few spots. I probably wouldn’t have mentioned it here but now that you brought it up I wonder if I have the same Gpro files you are referring to.

I see measures 13, 15, 27 and 29 as being played on 8/9 when it should be 7/8. Not 7/9 when it should be 7/8 as you point out. This happens in both of the Gpro files you sent to me. Could I have different files altogether?

♫ Ken ♫
hI Ken and all,,sorry a baut some mistakes in the tabs,,i just downloaded not wrote it myself but you can easely change them by yourself (i did) in gpro just put the cursor on the wrong note and push the delete button and the put in the right number fret,,..for those the as'nt Gpro you can change it with a pen..when i have really time and change the sheet i let you know

Willem
Hi guys, probably a good lesson to be learned here, the tabs on the net are often wrong!

Here's a suggestion so that we are all doing the same thing. I suggest we download Neils version of the song, it's the version I can play in my sleep and which I suspect everyone knows best on this site. Maybe Willem could post this again and output a wave from the GPro file and PDF again for people who don't have GPro. This will save any problems or messing about and the tempo is good on Neils version and it is 100% correct as usual. If people hate this idea and prefer the version posted then chip in, as it's important we all do the same thing here in terms of the edit.

Hi Willem sorry to impose on you, I would do it myself but I won't be in tonight until about 21.30 or later. If you don't have time I will do it later tonight, if everyone is ok with that idea. :)

Thanks,

Tom.[/quote
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Tom, I know exactly what you mean,I think everybody is more comfort with Neils version but i thought we need a arrangement like Paul MCcartney,, the tab from Neils version does not give that and when i download it i find it to slow,,i tryed on 160bpm and looks also as a comfort one to play along with,, i really want to change the wrong notes(it were only a view) in the tab i fond and give it here again,,mp3..pdf..gpro and a vid..the difficult also on the tab i fond is proberly playing the 16 notes but in my opinion you can play along on this track and do Neils version but try to keep up with the 88bpm tempo,,when you try to play along with the track i gave and do Neils version you must only speed it up a bit,, I thought Tony was playing also a faster tempo on his demo..it not a problem to impose me i learn a lot this way

Ps with a arrangement i mean the flow of the verses,instrumental,interlute,,bridges etc

willem

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 am

Hello,, i changed the mistakes and delete them also on the drop zone and put the right and changed ones up and you can download them there..

cheers Willem

tombo1230

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm

willem wrote:
Hello,, i changed the mistakes and delete them also on the drop zone and put the right and changed ones up and you can download them there..

cheers Willem
Thanks Willem,
I've got the new ones now many thanks,

Tom N.

tovo

Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Hey guys. I need to update. FIrst, WIllem has put some very useful stuff in the drop zone. You all should have the details on how to log in. If you need them please PM me.

There is NO doubt that I am much better at thinking of furry ideas than I am at explaining them properly. I got a few questions over the last several days so here's an attempt to make things a little clearer:

I started with the idea of allocating snippets, but then the concept became that because we had enough people, play as much or as little as you like and we will edit in in there somewhere! 88bpm. So in summary...you don't need to play the whole thing to participate. I personally am using Neil's intro play through video for the lesson he has on TG. Reason is, that has every element of the tune...with around 20 people I wouldn't waste too much time getting the arrangement exactly right, Tom will need to do some pretty fancy editing to get everyone in there for an appearance! (Having said that, if you can do the whole thing easily please do as Tom's biggest fear is that he get's 20 copies of the same snippet!)

No doubt I have confused some with my waffle. Just message if you need further clarification.

Couple of questions of the motivation for the collaboration. Fun and participation! That's it.

jayswett

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 am

how many submissions do we have at this point?

willem

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:03 am

jayswett wrote:
how many submissions do we have at this point?
In my submission none,,not any vid on the dropzone,,i think they try to submit the whole thing and practice alot,,or they wait till they see something in the dropzone and won't be the first one..i try to play not the whole song but it must have all recogniceble things in it so i try it till the litlle pauze and then slideeeeeeeeeeeeee....back,,will see,,Tony you has the inventor of course you start with the intro..i geuss.

Yamaha48

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:15 am

I think i'm the first to upload a litle piece of blackbird,in the dropzone.
WHO follow?????.
Cheers...........Anton

tovo

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:54 am

yamaha48 wrote:
WHO follow?????.
Cheers...........Anton
Great Anton! For everyone else 24 Sep is the deadline so you have plenty of time but please get your submission in when ready.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 am

tombo1230

Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:45 am

tovo wrote:
yamaha48 wrote:
WHO follow?????.
Cheers...........Anton
Great Anton! For everyone else 24 Sep is the deadline so you have plenty of time but please get your submission in when ready.
Thanks Anton I have it.

Can everyone play as much as they can play of the song. I don't mind multiple takes. It means I will have choice when it comes to editing and can you put your name and v1, v2 etc on it if you have multiple submissions? Any other info' like what bars you are playing may also be useful. It just makes things easier to label and find quickly, thanks,

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic