Busking Fleetwood Mac

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:20 pm

"Never Going Back Again". I didn't even know what I was going to record today.. This is one of those songs I keep coming back to. Watching Neil's review of Jay's upload brought me back to the song this time.

Hope you like..

BTW- different mic. Audio technica condenser. Guitar is also unplugged.

If you're interested-- I forgot that I uploaded a version of this over a year ago! This was when I wasn't even showing my head!
Can't believe how bad my old guitar sounds! Nothing to do with the playing, of course.. :laugh:

dsmarion

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Al,
Wow I loved your interpretation of that! Very nice work, both playing and singing! Now I want to have a look at that one, I didn't even know there was a lesson for it here. I heard this in the car the other day and thought it would make a good lesson - then forgot totally about it (note to self: put a notepad in the car). How long have you been working on this - you say you keep going back to it so I would guess you have been trying it for a while. I also think I want to play it faster like the recording when I try it. And I know I cannot get the super high vocals he puts in it toward the second half of the song, that is for sure. Gotta find a vocal workaround.

Thanks for inspiring me to look at something new!

Scott

buddy

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Al, Bravo, Bravo this really well done and just superb. The most relaxed I have seen you play and sing.

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Al, that seemed so (deceptively) effortless ... you are Mr. Natural on this tune.
Inspiring ... really (really!).

Pierre

dsmarion

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Oh yeah I liked it alright! ;)

Don't know the song or whatever, I just really enjoyed all of that. Very relaxed playing and singing. Great harmonies!!

Very well done Al!

Ness

dtaylor

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Nice one Al, that's my favourite busked song there's been. Perfection!

dennisg

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Al, that was damned near perfect. Your playing was smooth and graceful (as always) and your voice is just made for this song. Congratulations on a wonderful job. You should be really proud of this.

A question about the ticking: is that a metronome or are you tapping your foot?

daryl

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Very impressive (again....as usual). Great job. Loved everything about it. Great playing, great sound, great vocals, great harmonies. I'll say it again (and again), you are a VERY good guitar player. This would be another great 'open mic night' song for you.

8calm8

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Ditto . Absolutely wonderful.

G

millponddave

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:13 pm

I have to agree with everyone else, Great job.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic