Busking Fleetwood Mac

MarkM

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 am

Al,

My friend that was easily my favorite performance by you to date. One of the best performances on TG in my opinion. I loved every single second of this!!! What a great job! You are absolutely ready for open mic night with this one. Friends of mine want me to play this song and I really haven't given it a fair shot yet as I just can't get my head/fingers around this song. You made this look so easy and to sing it that well on top of it is truley remarkable. Ok my Monday morning is now off to a great start. Thanks for sharing Al.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 am

Craig- This whole community is inspiring! I have worked a long time on this song, so it's nice to be able to play and sing it now.

Marc- Many thanks. Where are you checking-in from today??

Kevin- You're both wrong-- but thanks. There are a few hesitation spots that I'd like to have played better. Also should have repeated the chorus at the end. There's always room for improvement.. keeps us moving forward I guess.

Willem & David- Cheers!

Rick- I've been called worse. Thanks!

Abilio- Perfection is a great way to describe this song in general. I think it's just a perfect song and I'm glad I'm now able to play it thanks to Neil and TG!

Chris- Wow. Thanks for the comments and support.

Suzi- Good question. I was actually surprised that there wasn't Fleetwood Mac Busking thread even started yet- so I wanted to start one. Also, more of the TG community sees uploads on the Busking Channel. Not everyone can see the Student Reviews. Maybe we'll get some lurkers on the forums to join in and post either comments- OR VIDEOS! :)

suziko

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:29 am

Good point, Al. Plus, I'm not really sure you need any help on this song at this point! :)

Suzi

skaladar

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:31 am

Hi Al,

Not much to add that hasn’t been said. It was perfectly played, sung, executed and sounding great, as always. You do look very comfortable with it. I’m glad you came back to it.

♫ Ken ♫

dsmarion

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:19 am

Al,

Just to update my previous comments - wow! I took a good look at this song and while is sounds so simple it is going to take me A LONG WHILE to get my brain->finger communication to comprehend the "triplets". I can't even do them super slow yet (or at all!). Wow, you have done a great job with this song! Hmm, 2 years huh? That's probably how long it will take me to play it (let alone try and sing it). Lindsey makes it sound so easy - and now so do you! Well, I know it ain't! You have real perseverance! And that has paid off nicely, can't say enough about this post!

Scott

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Mark- This is a great song to start a Monday morning, for sure! Thanks for checking it out.

Suzi- I know you're kidding about not needing help with it. I know Neil would have much for me to work on.

Ken- Thanks for your comment. I'm glad I came back to it as well. :)

Scott- I do that often as well. Make an initial comment on an upload- then expand on it after looking at the lesson. This is a simple-sounding song that will tie your fingers in knots. You had written earlier that you'd like to play this faster, and closer to the original's speed. So would I! :) This is how fast I can play it now and get through it reasonably. As with a lot of my posts- they tend to be slower than the original.
And about working on this for 2 years- it hasn't been constantly- or even regularly. I'd come back to it every few months or so, and find that things I was having trouble with were easier to do for some reason. The singing was the latest thing to come easier, so I figured I'd post it.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 pm

OK- check this out. I forgot that I uploaded a version of this over a year ago! This was when I wasn't even showing my head! I'll add this to the first post as well, as it's interesting to see the differences.
Can't believe how bad my old guitar sounds! Nothing to do with the playing, of course.. :laugh:

tovo

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Al a really great job. I really can`t offer anything of value except congratulations, but I think your mindset that everything can always be better that is the key behind your brilliant improvement. You are never satisfied and you push for higher standards all the time. It really shows. Oh, and you do have a terrific voice for this tune (and many others).

willem

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
OK- check this out. I forgot that I uploaded a version of this over a year ago! This was when I wasn't even showing my head! I'll add this to the first post as well, as it's interesting to see the differences.
Can't believe how bad my old guitar sounds! Nothing to do with the playing, of course.. :laugh:

Al,this shows only that the first time the playing was already there in a good way and you just work furter on it and make it better..better better... a friend of my told me ones,,when you start something new it must already be there in a good way,,very less mistakes...

Lavallee

Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Al, you were asking where I was, I am in France today

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic