Collaboration of Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper

michelew

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Corina and Nessa,

That was stunning again. Your connection just shone through that beautiful rendition.

You have real magic here. Holidays, raining days, great music and great friends - it's obviously a winning combination, and we get to reap the rewards of your hard work. I feel truly blessed to be able to experience this beautiful performance.

And yes the Smiling Heart-String Assailants have been effective in their mission to move people all over the world. ... Hey there might be something in that... A magic way to be moved around the world. ... I sure there is a secret universal truth in there somewhere.

So thank you both again for making my morning; fabulous women singing and playing beautiful songs, amazingly beautifully. What else could anyone want.

I'm hoping that the two of you might make this a regular thing. Everyone needs more holidays right?

Amazing!

Shel

thereshopeyet

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks

reiver

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Having just commented on Fields of Gold I'm not sure what else I can say! Again Corina's singing was spot on, you played it beautifully and I thought the addition of your harmony was a great touch, Vanessa. Congratulations again to both of you.

Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Lovely! And this is a great song.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Just took a picture of myself watching this ...

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Hey all, guess who is smiling big time over here??!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Willem: Haha, you're so right Willem, rainy days, good friends, music, it does brighten up the day! And of course, this wasn't take 1, so lots of laughing in between recording, but also during, it was hard not to giggle! :lol: Well I had the same when recording with you, remember?!
And I'm also very pleased that you liked how I played it and sure we'll talk about it some more when meeting sometime again. And uh.....female voices, sure they go great together, check this out, the beginning and especially the very last verse, just spectácular!!! Goosebumps!! :)

Tony: You're so sweet Tony...Thanks, it means a great deal to me! :kiss:

Anton: Thank you very much my friend! Yeah, indeed the good old days, haha, well I felt the same when watching some of her videos on youtube this past week (NOTP 2004, absolutely ÁWESOME, along with True Colours and Girls just wanna have fun!). And yeah, it was much fun recording together, well like with you and Willem, playing together is just really a fun thing to do, and indeed especially when you've known each other for sooooooo long! ;) 27 years! :S :blink:

Daryl: Gosh, you're sweet Daryl, thank you so very much! :cheer: Yeaaaaaaah! :silly:

Suzi: Hey you!! Well have to say that it's really really great to read that you liked the arrangement, harmonies and so on, I mean, in the end, I just put it together myself. Tears to your eyes....wów!! :blush: ......thank you so much Susan...! But the dutch accents....aaaaaaaargh!!!! :S :P

Snipe: Hi Mike! Thanks for dropping by, am very happy to hear that you've enjoyed it! I take it that you have good memories of your time in Scotland! ;)

MusicJunkie: Smiling big time over here MJ! Very glad you liked the arrangement and I'll sure pass on your kind comment to Corina. Indeed, doing something we love is great and I'm grateful that we were able to do that today, it's something right?! Thanks MJ! :cheer:

Buddy: Smiling, smiling :cheer: ! Thanks Bud!!

Cori: Hahaha, indeed!! Great pic! Thanks my friend!! :laugh: :cheer: :woohoo: :laugh: :P

Ness :)

to be continued of course, gosh you're all so very sweet!!

BobR

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Vanessa / Corina,

That was just fabulous. :woohoo: :woohoo: The harmonies were real nice. Again you've brought the sun out on a rainy day. I've read the nice comments about Fields of Gold so I off to view it.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

NKenny

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 pm

It gets better and better, love listening

Kenny

dsmarion

Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Loved it! Great way to spend a day! Corina, you have a very sweet voice and this song is perfect. Nice arrangement too Ness. Thanks for inviting us along.

Scott

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Super upload, ladies! Perfectly blended singing/harmonies and great, subtle guitar accompaniment.
hard to believe you haven't worked on this for months!

What a great song to end my day with.
Thanks for sharing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic