Collaboration of Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper

willem

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi TG-friends!

Corina is my oldest friend in the world, since we've known each other since the beginning of highschool, wich is 27 years ago :S . We’ve always been very good friends throughout the years, supported and stood by each other with whatever, so this collaboration on video is quite special to us.

She has always loved to sing and here and there throughout life we did sing and play music together. But you know how it goes, life is busy, so nowadays, we barely have time for it.

However, I’m still enjoying my time off and coincedently so does she, so we thought it would be a nice idea to record something together.

Funny enough we never played this song before, but I bumped into a couple of CL-videos (live-versions) on youtube this past week wich was a lot of fun and brought me back in time. However, it made me think that this song would be a nice one to record.

As for the arrangement, Cyndi’s version is of course quite emotional, especially her live-versions, wich I actually prefer, but when it comes down to playing it myself, I like to play it with a ‘……..’-feel to it, it’s kinda how I hear it in my head, or how I actually feel it.. So I kinda sacrificed the intensity of the original. Hope that you can forgive me for that.

However, it was a grey and rainy day again, but we’ve had much fun recording anyway, so here it is, I just truly hope you’ll enjoy it!

Cheers

Ness

Collaboration of Corina and Vanessa Time after Time - Cyndi Lauper:

willem

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Just great Nessie and Corina,,this is the way to spend a rainy holiday,,meeting old friends and making music,,i wonder?? i think female harmonies goes together well,,,and Vanessa i like the way you played that and really wanna know some a baut that if we meet again or i watch this thousand times and for the playing that is..lol ;) B)

tovo

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey Ness. I watched Fields of Gold and then this one. It reinforced my opinion that saying "best ever" is dangerous, particularly with you videos as I could easily say it every time I watch one.

beautiful.

Yamaha48

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Hello girls.

This is so sweet,two old girlfriends making music.
Corina you have a very nice,and sweet voice.
I like this song from the good old day's.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

cheers............Anton

daryl

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Another 10.00!

suziko

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Oh, ladies, I didn't think it could get better after watching Fields of Gold, but this was amazing. I loved Ness's pared-down arrangement of this song, and Corina's vocals and Ness's harmonies were so, so pretty. I forgot how moving this song is. You two brought tears to my eyes.

I also love hearing your soft Dutch accents coming through on the vocals. Very endearing :)

Suzi

snipe

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Well Done!! Very nice to watch and listen to.
Reminds me of the 80's when I was in Scotland for awhile.

Mike

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Ness:

I will reinforce Tony's statement of your wonderful ability. This was a great arrangement of a beautiful song. Corina's voice was very beautiful and well suited to this song as well. Glad to see you found time in this busy world to share with your best friend and to do something you both love to do..... B)

You are smack in the middle of the whole inspiring thing again..... ;)

Thanks for sharing this with us.

MJ

buddy

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 pm

This was just superb, love the harmonies.

Bud

lueders

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:13 pm

This one made me really happy for A LOT of reasons!!!! [sup][sup][sup][/sup][/sup][/sup] :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic