Collaboration of Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy

buddy

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey all!

This is the second and last song that my friend Corina and I did this afternoon. It’s a song that I’ve been meaning to upload for quite a while now, but I just didn’t get to it just yet. Well I actually wanted to the same week that Buddy did his beautiful version of it, so I thought I’d keep it in the closet a little while longer.

However, since she and I had planned to record something, I thought it would be a good moment to finally get to this one. And since her range is really higher than mine, this was just a good opportunity as well. I mean, I find the guitarpart at the 7th fret really beautiful and I rather not sacrifice it.

I’m quite proud of her, because she didn’t know the song (how is that possible :ohmy: ??) up until two days ago, so for that I haven’t made it very easy for her… and I mean we’re talking about covering Eva Cassidy here! :P

Anyway, this song is one of my favourite songs of all time….I find it heartbreakingly beautiful….

I really hope we did it enough justice…

Cheers

Ness

Ps…as for the guitarplaying…I don’t find it particularly easy, landing on the Bm is (well as a barr it's different, or lower on the neck is also different, easier, at least to me)…..hmmm…..well I do need to keep paying attention to that….well with the camera rolling, even more difficult to get everything right in there. As for the fingerings of the chords…..Hmmm…..I’m sure Neil would recommend others here and there (no thumb for instance)….so don’t pay too much attention ;) …although I did use his ‘A’-fingering, wich I normally don’t, since it was easier switching! :P

Btw….the sun was starting to shine in the meanwhile….finally…pffffffff…..!

Collaboration of Corina and Vanessa Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy:

willem

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:30 pm

gee Vanessa you going the drop us ......,,i go quick and watch it.... :laugh:

Edit: WOW,, I don't hope it stay's with does two songs,,really enjoyed it :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: B) Image

tovo

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Well. I won't ever use the term "best ever" as I find it somewhat insulting to some wonderful performances here on TG. But there's no doubt it doesn't get much better than that.

Wonderful. Congratulations.

daryl

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I'll score it a 10.00!

Yamaha48

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi the hi.

The second video i see from you.
So sweet and pure,i love it!!!!.
Yeh Vanessa you spend a good time with Corina.
And i think a lot of fun.

Thanks fore sharing.

cheers......Anton

suziko

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Ness and Corina,

That was absolutely beautiful. It sent chills down my spine. I loved it!

Suzi

buddy

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Bravo, just wonderful and I love this song.

Bud

lueders

Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:49 pm

michelew

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Nessa and Corina,

WOW!! that was SO moving I'm really struggling to know what to write.

This is such a gorgeous song and the two of you did it more than justice. It went straight to my heart.

What a pleasure to be able to wake up and watch it this morning. I'll be watching it a lot more you can be sure.

well it seems that the Smiling Heart String Assailant has found a partner in crime. What a duo.

SO beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your afternoon with us.

Shel

suziko

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Gosh, you're all so very sweet!!

Willem: Man, you were fast to jump on this one, that alone is so sweet, haha :cheer: ! Thank you so much for the kisses, I will surely pass them on to my friend as well, she'll be honored! :P Thanks Willem, very glad you've enjoyed it!

Tony: I hear you Tony.... ;) :blush: ...really....thank you so much!

Daryl: Wow.... :blush: ...thanks Daryl, truly appreciate it!

Anton: Heeeey Anton! Haha, yeah lots of laughing in between recording, well you very well know how that goes right?! ;) thank you so much my friend, really happy that you loved it!

Suzi: Aaaah Sue, just thrilled that you loved it! :cheer: You very well know that I wanted to record this one for quite a while, so of course am so very glad that you've enjoyed it!

Buddy: Hi Bud, yeah I know you love this song, I really love it too, it's just such an intense song....great to read that you liked it, thanks Bud!

Cori: Haha, thanks for the pic my friend, I guess I get your point :P , thank you very much!!

Michele: Gosh Shél!! WOW as well! :blush: Buttuh....I read you loud and clear....blown away again.....! :blush:

I'll pass on your sweet, funny and just too kind comments to Corina, she'll be very pleased to hear about it, I mean, this was her video-debut (well Time after Time was shot earlier! ;) )

Thanks again guys and gals! :)

Cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic