Busking Toby Keith on a custom Saville guitar

buddy

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Scott and Pete, This guitar is surprisingly light and nimble because Steve has designed the bracing so that the top and sides are ultra thin.

buddy

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Wiley, the end of that video was really funny. Of course I closed my eyes for all the racy parts ;-)

buddy

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:39 pm

MarkM wrote:
Buddy,

Oak huh??? Well the sound that you got out of that beautiful instrument was not what I was expecting. Being a very hard wood I was very pleasantly surprised at how warm it sounded. Buddy I've got to tell you, you have grown so much as a guitar player over the past year or so it is amazing. Both your picking and strumming are leagues apart from when you first came to the site. Be very proud of that. I don't know this particular song but really enjoyed watching you perform it. Great job!!!!

MarkM
Wow Mark, Thanks so much for your words of encouragement that was very kind of you and mean a bunch. It is always really cool when someone can see your hard work paying off.

Bud

snipe

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 pm

wow.. I really liked the sound of that guitar. oak???? wow.. thats a first.. sounded sweet and mellow
your pipes are awesome too. wishi I had them
Mike

buddy

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 am

dekotaj wrote:
BRAVO!!Love the song and the guitar!!

Kevin
Kevin, Thanks for the Bravo !

buddy

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:44 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Buddy,

Thanks for the intro on the guitar. A real beauty and it sounded real nice. I am familiar with this song and thought you did a great job .

thanks for sharing
Bob
Bob, It was pretty hard to put this guitar down, that is for sure.

buddy

Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Bud. Nice plug for what looks like a beautiful guitar. I'd like to hear a bit more about the maker. I agree with Mark I think you present so professionally these days. I really, really enjoyed that beautiful tune and it occurred to me that I could easily have been listening to a CD.
Howdy Tony, Steve is an engineer by trade but makes custom built guitars on the side. He does some unique things that I have never seen before to really bring out the full sound of the woods. Steve and I have become close friends over the past year and get together and play about once a week.

Really glad you enjoyed this and thanks for the listen.

Here is a link to Steve's website

http://www.freewebs.com/saville_guitars/

buddy

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 am

Guitarmom wrote:
Buddy,

I am not familiar with the song either...but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nicely done!

Rev Kate
Thank you for listening and your kind comment.

buddy

Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 am

snipe wrote:
wow.. I really liked the sound of that guitar. oak???? wow.. thats a first.. sounded sweet and mellow
your pipes are awesome too. wishi I had them
Mike
MIke, Thanks a bunch, this guitar really is amazing.

saville

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Buddy,
Great job and thank you for telling me about this forum!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic