Suzi and Dennis collaborate on "Wild Horses" ... with one problem.

dennisg

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 pm

There's no video.

Our own Suzi visited Seattle with her husband recently, and we got together for a night of terrific food (BBQ'd salmon filets), lots of wine, and hours of guitar playing and singing. Suzi came prepared with lyric sheets so that Jamie, my friend Heather, and I could sing along with her playing.

What surprised me about Suzi? First, she's even nicer than she comes across in the TG forum. Next, she's a lot smaller than I thought she'd be -- in fact, she's quite a dinky little thing. And finally, she's even a better guitarist than I imagined she'd be, and she blazed smoothly through a variety of tunes that evening.

Over the next two days, Suzi and I traipsed around Seattle, seeing the sights, eating non-stop, and twice visiting my favorite guitar shop where she fell head over heals for a gorgeous Collings guitar. And, no, she didn't buy it ... although I'm pretty sure the thought crossed her mind.

The photo below is from our first evening together. We were playing Wild Horses (Suzi's playing my Taylor 814 in normal tuning; I'm playing my Taylor GS Mini in open-G tuning). Problem was, we never left ourselves enough time to get the song in good enough shape that we felt comfortable video-ing it. That's a big disappointment to both of us. But we'll try again next year.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Nice photo guys and BIG disappointment about the video!
There needs to be a new state law passed saying that no two TGers may ever meet without making a video record of the event. :-)
Good to see you both... and I'll admit to being a little jealous on this one....

tovo

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey Den, that's a great photo of 2 favourite people of mine. Thanks for posting it together with a description of Suzi's visit. You are the Daryl Hall of Seattle! (You know what I'm referring to even if it's lost on some)

I must ask...what's with this rumour about the sun never shinning in Seattle?? It shined for me, and it's sure shining on you two in this picture!

You both look so happy here. Wonderful.

dennisg

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh gosh, I'm dead envious......pffffffffff...!!!!! :S

:kiss: ;)

MarkM

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice photo guys and BIG disappointment about the video!
There needs to be a new state law passed saying that no two TGers may ever meet without making a video record of the event. :-)
Good to see you both... and I'll admit to being a little jealous on this one....

I second the motion Chris. Great law!!!!

Wonderful picture Suzi & Dennis. It's so nice to get together with friends to play music.

MarkM

michelew

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:26 pm

I LOVE this photo! We can really see that you're having a great time.

Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm dead envious too. One day...

And I love that you're not wearing a cap in this Den and we get to see you better.

Such a cute photo.

Shel

reiver

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Fabulous pic, guys, looks like you're having a great time. Shame about the video................

Stuart

willem

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm

I sure believe you two had a great and fun time it shows from the picture and i know all the things to get a video were the playing is all in shape as you would,,,most important is the meeting and playing the guitar together..oh i sure liked how you described the meeting...thanks for letting us know..

dsmarion

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Sounds like you had a great time of it. Good music, good food, good weather! Life is good!

Scott

BobR

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:21 pm

It's so cool to see how this TG thing brings folks together. Nice picture and great time I'm sure.

I hope you remember the video next time :laugh:

Thanks for sharing this

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic