Busking Pearl Jam

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:25 pm

jayswett wrote:
Haunting. I liked it alot.
I am a ghost of my former self after this song :laugh: Thanks for the listen.

Bud

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:26 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I can see you're having a ball with that lovely guitar Buddy.... you are right the low sounds are really deep and rich. This is just the right sort of song for you ... nice job!
Chris my friend, How is life treating you ? Appreciate your comments on this tune as it felt pretty risky for me, bu tI like to color outside the lines.

Bud

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:28 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Bravo!!Bud

Guitar sounds great.I was checking out hes guitar building site.Some great looking guitars.

Kevin
Kevin, Check out the guitar with the sinker redwood top on it. I have never heard any guitar that had the sound quality of that guitar. It literally sang to you when you played it. He just sold it and how I wish I had a chance to buy it.

Bud

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:32 pm

andyt wrote:
Buddy,

First off, I like your voice. I really do. It's clear, strong and you project exceptionally well. If I only sang as well as you do I'd be quite pleased.
However, so far, when I hear you sing the first thing that comes to mind is the Statler Brothers, or maybe the Oakridge Boys or someone like that. To my ear, your voice is simply to clear for most of the songs you cover.

I've always liked Black. And you did a great job playing and singing it, but it somehow changed from what I recall to something different. Not bad, just different. I really wish I could explain what I mean better, because I don't want you to be offended by my comments. I truly don't mean them that way. Maybe if you held some marbles in your mouth while singing Black... LOL

Now, I do want to say that the song you did for your brother was simply awesome and fit your voice perfectly. I think your voice is more suited to that style of music. The Praise and Worship songs I've heard you do are also right up your alley. Fantastic presence on those. Loved them!

Well, hopefully the lessons I'm getting on TV will give me the ability to sing without causing severe emotional and physical damage to others. Then I'll join the singers club. Till then, I feel almost ashamed to comment.

In HIS love,
Andy
Howdy Andy, Thanks for taking the time to give me such thoughtful comments. As you said, I did change this up quite a bit from the original because I wanted to adapt it so I could play and sing at a solo act. I do know that some songs fit my voice and style better than others, but I am really working at trying all different kinds of music so that I can learn new things and keep on growing in my playing ans singing.

No offense taken and thanks for the input,

Bud

tovo

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I've no observations to make Bud other than I really thought it was good and enjoyed it. Beautiful looking guitar (sounds great as well!)

tombo1230

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi Bud,

Don't know the song, but it sounds like a beautiful one to me. Singingwise you already had some tips :P and the guitar just sounds fantastic, love those low notes, must be a kick to play it! :)

Ness

dsmarion

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:21 am

Hey Buddy,

Wow what a tough one to take on! On of my favorites by PJ that's for sure. Sounds great, yes very tough one to sing (all their songs are really) but you did admirably and the guitar sounds great too.

Scott

MarkM

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:38 am

Another winner Bud. You are on a serious roll. I need to find the time to do more songs....................................

MarkM

BobR

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:25 am

Hi Buddy,

Very nicely done. Guitar sounds real good. Love the vocals as usual.

Thanks for sharing
Bob

mbleier

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Buddy,
Every video of yours is just awesome. Your guitar work is great, your vocals are really nice and very unique to you. You cover a nice wide range of music as well. I was wondering if you have been inspired yet to try and write some of your own stuff? Anyways, thanks again for sharing another great cover.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic