Busking Pearl Jam

buddy

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 pm

I wanted to try something a little different while I had the Saville guitar that would bring out the low end quality of this wonderful masterpiece of a guitar. I chose Black by Pearl Jam because it is a very challenging song to sing and has a lot of base in the guitar. The guitar is tuned down a half step. Let me know what you all think.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

jimcjimc

Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey Buddy,
I wasn't familiar with that song, but enjoyed your video with your usual good playing, singing, production quality, etc...
Jim

millponddave

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Buddy,

Very nicely done, as usual. Beautiful sounding guitar as well.

Dave

jayswett

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Haunting. I liked it alot.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:31 pm

I can see you're having a ball with that lovely guitar Buddy.... you are right the low sounds are really deep and rich. This is just the right sort of song for you ... nice job!

dekotaj

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Bravo!!Bud

Guitar sounds great.I was checking out hes guitar building site.Some great looking guitars.

Kevin

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:11 am

jimcjimc wrote:
Hey Buddy,
I wasn't familiar with that song, but enjoyed your video with your usual good playing, singing, production quality, etc...
Jim
Jim, Nice to hear from you and glad you enjoyed this tune.

Bud

buddy

Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:12 am

millponddave wrote:
Buddy,

Very nicely done, as usual. Beautiful sounding guitar as well.

Dave
Dave, Thanks for the comments. As I remember, you are in Texas. Were you impacted by the fire their ?

Bud

AndyT

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:11 am

Buddy,

First off, I like your voice. I really do. It's clear, strong and you project exceptionally well. If I only sang as well as you do I'd be quite pleased.
However, so far, when I hear you sing the first thing that comes to mind is the Statler Brothers, or maybe the Oakridge Boys or someone like that. To my ear, your voice is simply to clear for most of the songs you cover.

I've always liked Black. And you did a great job playing and singing it, but it somehow changed from what I recall to something different. Not bad, just different. I really wish I could explain what I mean better, because I don't want you to be offended by my comments. I truly don't mean them that way. Maybe if you held some marbles in your mouth while singing Black... LOL

Now, I do want to say that the song you did for your brother was simply awesome and fit your voice perfectly. I think your voice is more suited to that style of music. The Praise and Worship songs I've heard you do are also right up your alley. Fantastic presence on those. Loved them!

Well, hopefully the lessons I'm getting on TV will give me the ability to sing without causing severe emotional and physical damage to others. Then I'll join the singers club. Till then, I feel almost ashamed to comment.

In HIS love,
Andy

willem

Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:28 am

Not so familair with pearle jam but i check them out 'cos i think they have great songs but i think you vid this also for the guitar,,in my ears it sounded very warm and looks like a great guitar,,maybe you can show a song were you play some transitions more up the neck i know you can ,,oh i liked your litllle singin jump to your head voice,,,

Cheers Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic