Collaboration of Angie

Lavallee

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:41 pm

I finally got home from Europe late this afternoon.I had to do the grocery and rush for 2 hours of tennis and I am finally home .

I was thrilled to meet Vanessa. Absolutely charming and a real passionate of music. She has 2 great little dogs that are quite cute. I was a very enjoyable afternoon of making musing punctuated with laughter. I was also great to have dinner and talk about other stuff.

As I told her before I leave, I was intimidated to play with her as her playing level is so much more above mine. But not once I felt in my struggling that it was annoying to her on the contrary, she was always helpful and without stress. Playing music with her made me feel a better player. She is able to start anywhere in the song add a few things on the fly . She is definitely communicating her music passion, and one can only feel upbeat about it.

I will get back to you tomorrow with all your nice comments

Marc

willem

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:53 am

Lavallee wrote:
I finally got home from Europe late this afternoon.I had to do the grocery and rush for 2 hours of tennis and I am finally home .

I was thrilled to meet Vanessa. Absolutely charming and a real passionate of music. She has 2 great little dogs that are quite cute. I was a very enjoyable afternoon of making musing punctuated with laughter. I was also great to have dinner and talk about other stuff.

As I told her before I leave, I was intimidated to play with her as her playing level is so much more above mine. But not once I felt in my struggling that it was annoying to her on the contrary, she was always helpful and without stress. Playing music with her made me feel a better player. She is able to start anywhere in the song add a few things on the fly . She is definitely communicating her music passion, and one can only feel upbeat about it.

I will get back to you tomorrow with all your nice comments

Marc
Your absolute right a baut Vanessa Marc,,,she could be the leader of the band,,,

tombo1230

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:12 am

Vanessa and Marc,
thanks for that. I had a smile on my face all the way through that. Just excellent! Bravo! :)

Tom N.

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 am

Ness and Marc:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Like others, I would never imagine that only a few days worth of practice were there. I am really enjoying all of these get togethers and am so thankful that TG has made them possible. You two did a great job and I hope you will be able to get together again sometime to play some more!

MJ

reiver

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:11 pm

That was great to watch - right from the intro, excellently played by Marc (which Vanessa seemed to be enjoying so much it looks like she nearly misses her cue!) through a great piano solo and with those amazing vocals that we've come to expect from Vanessa. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Stuart

BobR

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Marc / Vanessa

I just got back from Buffalo NY and haven't seen TG for 3 days. This sure made my day. Very nice that you were able to meet and make this great music.

Bob

MarkM

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Holy crap that was fun!!! Can my night get any better? First I see Al's video and now not one but two from the dynamic duo!!! Awesome job you two. Looks like you had a blast. I'm envious.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 am

Great collaboration! And you two looked like you had a blast.

Congratulations on a fantastic upload!

Lavallee

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:44 am

Thank you Dennis, even though I had not practice this song for a long time ( a week and a half , is very short for me as I am not a quick learner). But playing with Ness is very reassuring, as she can point out timing issues or short cuts to keep up with the beat.

Thank you Tony, I had work with guitar pro trying to follow with that to help, I was still not totally ready, but Ness compensated for that

Hi Kevin, thanks for your comments, when we said it could be better I was referring to my playing which was OK for the time of practicing but I would have love to make it perfect to match Ness' playing. I am self criticizing all the time

Hydroman, glad you enjoyed it

Thanks Willem, too bad you could not make it. When I was at Ness' place, you sent a text message that your recording went very well with your choir, glad it worked. Yes Ness could be the leader of a band and probably was in the different bands she was in.

Tom, glad you enjoyed

Hi Jason, thank you for your good comments, I learned more about the song structure in a few hours with Ness, than my time of practicing on my own. The issues that I had are corrected and I can follow the original quite well now.

Hi Stuart, I guaranty you, Ness is not missing a single beat anywhere anytime, she is just in control of her playing.

Hi Bob, so are traveling as well

Mark, it was truly a lot of fun, I have missed Al video I am going to see it now

Thanks Al, yes it was fun, glad you enjoyed

Marc

reiver

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Lavallee wrote:

Hi Stuart, I guaranty you, Ness is not missing a single beat anywhere anytime, she is just in control of her playing.

Marc

Very gallant of you Marc. I certainly didn't mean to suggest anything to the contrary.

S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic