Collaboration of Angie

unclewalt

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey all!

Guess what, after watching Marc doing several collaborations with a lot of other TG’ers, I’ve finally been so very lucky to meet our worldtraveller myself!

He had dropped me a line a few weeks ago that he would be in Holland and if there was a chance that we could meet. Well of cóurse I wanted to!

However, talked a little about songs that we have incommon and decided to try and record two songs, and obviously this is one of them.

It wasn’t very easy, since Marc had just learned the song a week ago, and I hadn’t really played it before on piano. The piano was actually Marc’s idea, since there is one in the original, so I certainly had to practice my share as well of course. However it’s very free-form and kinda improvising pianoplaying.

Anyway, as you can imagine, we truly hope that you will like our take on this one, since we sure did enjoy playing together!

Ness

Collaboration of Marc and Vanessa Angie:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Craig

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Great job you two! I'm very happy that you had the opportunity to meet and play some music together, I think that's awesome! I wish I had Marc's frequent flyer mileage!! :laugh:
Craig

michelew

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Nessa and Marc,

Way to make my Sunday morning! Angie is a great song. I was very happy to see this up in the forum.

I LOVE your performance. It sounds great.

You've both got mad skills. I can't believe you've only been playing you parts for less than a week and together for ... what?... a few hours?

Marc that's some job you've got there. I hope you enjoy it 'cause it sure helps you to link up for jammin' TG sessions which have all looked like a lot of fun.

Nessa, oh my God woman! You sure are talented; accomplished guitarist, great singer and WOW! Dynamite on the piano. Amazing.

Great, great, great! Just don't take the lyrics to heart, don't be saying goodbye, neither of you.

Shel

And on the re-watching it gets even better...

Marc, you've opening has inspired me to take a look at this lesson. Too cool.

daryl

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Fantastic! Marc, you sure do get around. Where are you off to next? Looking forward to your encore.

dsmarion

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Wonderful rendition on short notice! I enjoyed watching very much! Marc you are making more rounds than the banner these days!

Scott

lueders

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Ah, Wow! Nicely done!!! enjoyed every bit of that!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I really like the piano with the guitar on this tune. Makes me think of Tori Amos's version of the tune. But I am a sucker for Keif's guitar version at the same time...so this was the best of both worlds!

Great job, very, very, very fun & enjoyable!!!

I must say, I'm a little jealous, though...Marc, you you sure are quite the globetrotter!(would love to play/hang with either one of you!)

Thanks Again you two!!! Loved it!

Cori

suziko

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Nessa and Marc,

I was so happy to watch this as it's my all-time favorite Stones song. I have been playing it on the guitar for the past few months, but I must admit that it loses something without the piano bit. Nice to see you add that in with your version because it takes it to a different dimension. The two of you seemed to work so well together! I hope that it was as fun for the two of you to play together as it was for me to watch it!! :)

I loved both of these clips so much. I just wish you'd done more!!!

Suzi

thereshopeyet

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks

millponddave

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:48 pm

How cool that you guys could get together and have such a good time. Great job. I totally enjoyed it.

Dave

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:52 pm

This is my second helping of Marc and Vanessa (I watched "Comfortably Numb" first) ... really melts in your mouth, no indigestion possible :)

The audio quality is really good, but I can imagine hearing that actual sound waves bouncing around the walls of the room. You are a lucky man here Marc, I think I'd have dropped my guitar and fallen off my seat ... tingling feeling. Beautiful playing and singing.

As Marc and Vanessa said at the end "Eienh" and "Iaaah" ! Sure why not !

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic