Collaboration of Comfortably Numb

willem

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi TG-friends!

Well here is the second and final song that Marc and I recorded today. It’s actually my most favorite song ever. And no, not because of the lyrics, haha :laugh: (sure I’ll admit, I’ve had my share of being comfortably numb, but hey, what can I say, I live in Holland!! ;) ), it’s just because of the intensity of the music, the strings, the melody-lines of the strings (well synthesizers as well), the chorusmelody, the harmonies in the chorus, I just absolutely LOVE it! (sorry, my English is failing to describe it :S ..)

But as I’m sure you know, for that there is indeed só much going in this one, so it’s in my opinion impossible to cover by myself, so I never did.

However, when going over the songs that Marc and I have incommon he mentioned this one and I just couldn’t resist to suggest to try it, since then we could at least play twó instruments. There is of course still more than a lót that you can’t cover, but I thought, ‘what the heck!’ Marc was all okay about everything, as long as he didn’t had to sing :P !

So, as you can imagine, I was very happy to be able to use this opportunity to finally record it! :cheer:

Again, it’s all very improvised, and since it’s an intense song, we really tried to kinda get the feel and smoothness of it down. Anyway we sure hope you’ll enjoy it!

Ness

Collaboration of Marc and Vanessa Comfortably Numb:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm

Gosh darn that was great!!....Holy Cow!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I had my eyes closed just swaying back forth to that song...REALLY got into it! Just drifted away with you two as you played.
(Nearly forgot where I was...truly.) :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh:

Phenomenal job friends!!! This one needs to make the TG greatest hits CD for sure!

P.S. I sure like you two; its nice to see you having such a grand time! :)

suziko

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Nessa and Marc,

Wow, I'm just speechless from both of these videos!! The two of you sound so great together!! All the parts are perfect. Marc, were you plugged in for these? I love this song, too (though it's not my favorite PF song, as Nessa knows!) and you two really captured the hypnotic, undulating quality of it.

Just amazing, guys. I'm blown away!!

Suzi

dsmarion

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:41 pm

This one was a lot of fun to watch too. Unlike Suzi this is one of my favorite Floyd tunes (along with most everything on the DSOTM album obviously - I am looking forward to hearing the newly released deluxe verion of this album with the [1974 I think] live versions on disc 2). Yes there are a lot of parts to this song and it is nearly impossible to capture the essence with only a couple parts but you did pretty admirably, even with an improvised version (which to me is a big part of the fun of just sitting around playing anyway). The harmony vocal would definitely add a bit, you may want to try mixing it in, I found myself trying (not vey well either) to sing along with it while watching LOL. Just a fun time you had, I loved watching it!

Scott

thereshopeyet

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks

daryl

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Very very nice. Rock solid. Too much fun. Very very jealous. Very impressive all around. Neil and Matt must absolutely LOVE this!

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Marc, Vanessa, that was crazy good ... has to be heard with a headset and the volume way up !

I think Marc couldn't help but smile at around 2:15 into the video, knowing Vanessa was going to let go the "... just a little pin-prick ... Aaaaaah Aaaaaah Aaaaah" vocals :laugh: Yeah, that really hit home.

TG is great ... where else but ?

Pierre

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Simply awesome guys, was waiting for Marc to break into the solos ;)

Gotta love this site

michelew

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 am

Marc and Nessa,

WOW! You just made my Sunday afternoon. Blown away. You both sound great together. Your playing really clicked and I suspect it's another case of the performance being greater than the sum of it's parts. You've really captured the mood.

I think I was starting to hear things, perhaps I've had too much coffee this afternoon, but I could have sworn that there was another voice or more in there somewhere. But, unless Marc has become a ventriloquist ... well I assume it was just the magic of you playing together. It sure was a rich sound.

Marc you should venture to Europe more often, the two of you playing together works well.

Thanks so much for sharing your afternoon with us.

I've really enjoyed watching both videos.

I'm going back to do it again.

Shel

willem

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 am

'M i glad i watched the two vids in the right order and gee that was great too, well i loved it even more it started immediately to give me some ''kippevel'',,is'nt it great to meet people and make music..oh Vanessa !! did you play the guitar together as well,,well i geuss,,okay i am now convinced that you two made some great music and for me not sure if i could have made it more maybe it had to be so that way...

cheers Willem

ps GEE just great both collabs,,''Angie'' and ''comfortable numb''

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic