Collaboration of Comfortably Numb

skaladar

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:40 am

It’s easy to understand that this is one of your favorites Ness and I’m so glad you got to record it. I think it was your rendition of “Brain Damage” that first made me sit back and think Whoa; this is no ordinary guitar student.

Marc, I must admit I really envy you. To be able to travel and connect with other TG members, both jamming and socializing is very special. I imagine it is quite demanding but I’m sure the rewards make it worth your while.

What I am especially impressed with in both this and your Angie video is not your individual or combined talent. That is a given, but rather the fact that you were able to make it work so well with limited preparation and essentially no rehearsal. The ability to improvise and jam together is something I truly miss given my extended (30 year) departure from music while life got in the way. You’ve proven (to me at least) again that there is no substitute for playing with others … but I digress…

I simply loved both of your performances. You both shine.

Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

♫ Ken ♫

pbraun

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:44 am

Wow both videos were great, really neat to see these this morning. It adds so much with Ness playing the keyboards, a great set of collaborations!
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:11 am

Great stuff on both videos guys! Wish I could have been there too but am nailed to the tournament desk for the weekend.
I guess Marc's fingers will be feeling comfortable numb by the time he gets on that plane home... ;-)

wrench

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Cori: Wow Cori! After pressing 'upload' I got cold feet of course :ohmy: ........and then your comment came in, that was just so $#%@$##@ fantastic to read! The mood, the feel, the intensity of the song is of course what we were trying to get down here, so reading you makes me feel that we were at least close enough! Thank you so much! :woohoo:

Suzi: Gosh, and then you on top of Cori's comment, you just absolutely made my evening/night/day, haha :laugh: , you get the picture ;)! Thanks sweetie, so nice to hear that you enjoyed it and that you think we managed to capture at least some of the hypnotic, undulating quality of the song, yeh!! :cheer: Oh, I almost forgot to answer, Marc was indeed plugged in during both videos, the body of the guitar is not too big, so it could use an amp, especially compared to the volume of the piano. When turning the volume of that one down, you can hear me pressing the keys, so we just turned it all up! :)

Dermot: Thanks Dermot, very glad that you think that it has worked out! :)

Daryl: Yeah, I understand, I'm often quite envious seeing other TG-ers getting together as well. ;) Anyway, yes of course I really hope that Neil and Matt love it. But I'm of course more than happy when you do, or anyone else for that matter, thanks Daryl!

Pierre: Haha, laughing and smiling again! :laugh: :) ....aaaah aaaah aaaah indeed! ;) Anyway, am crazy happy that you find it crazy good! :P :cheer: Appreciate it very much, thanks Pierre!

Chas: Haha, yeah yeah, the solos :S , doesn't cut it playing an acoustic guitar, of course that's the reason! B) Thanks Chas!!

Michele: Aaah Shel, you're always so very sweet and supportive and encouraging! Just great to read that you enjoyed both videos. Starting to hear other things? Were you comfortably numb or something??? :P :laugh: Of course it hás to be the coffee instead! ;) No, seriously, I hear you, thank you so very much! :kiss:

Willem: Kippevel?! Well it's of course álways flattering to accomplish that! :cheer: And indeed, I obviously didn't play much guitar, that's why I got a little insecure since this is a guitarsite. And of course you could have add to it, another guitar would have been great! Next time Willem, we halen t allemaal weer in! ;) Am glad you enjoyed both videos, thanks again!

Ken: Thank you so much for your sweet comment Ken :blush: ...(sorry you did it again, can't help it!). I get your point, playing with others is just so much fun and rewarding. And I'm indeed very glad that we managed to record something and to share it with you all. I simply love it that you loved both videos! Thanks again Ken!

Pete: Hey Pete, so great of you to drop by and check out the videos! Am so happy that you enjoyed them and that you think the piano added to them, thank you very much!

Chris: Chris, it would have been a blast if you could have made it over here as well, but I have a feeling that we wíll meet and play music together some time, that would be so much fun! :silly:

Thank you all and it's true, TG makes it possible to share music with each other, it is just fantastic to be able to do that anytime without even needing to go anywhere! :woohoo: Although I'd love to meet many of you, well you get the point! ;)

Cheers

Ness

tovo

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Very nice indeed. Marc is like the roving TG ambassador. Great to see you two play together and excellent job of course.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Scott: Thank you very much Scott, great to hear that it was fun to watch!!

I am as well a very big fan of the DSOT album, it is just ábsolutely fantastic! I also véry much love 'On the turning away' on that one. Again, impóssible to cover by myself.... :(

Mixing in vocals.....hmmm, I thought of it some time ago, but personally, I prefer to shoot videos and play and sing the songs as if you all were in my livingroom, since that's really me and I couldn't add anything else if you indeed were here, it would be a live-performance then. Well of course you all would have to play and sing with me then! :P

However, I think if I would start doing that, that I would want to mix in everything that I could possibly think of, especially with such a song as this one. Actually several years ago I did record this song (on a digital recording harddisk by Roland) with a friend. And indeed I just tried to add whatever it took to make it kinda sound like the original. So yeah, three synthesizer-parts, three vocal parts (like in DSOT, although the original has only some harmonies during the second part of the chorus), bass, guitars, drum, the complete two leadguitar-parts. And I made my nephew, who was like 5 years old, do the 'aaaah aaaaah aaaaah'-part, that was só cute!!!

Well, since this is my most favorite song ever, needles to say that I was absolutely thrilled to record it then. And it was really great to take this opportunity with Marc to do it again, but then as a live performance instead of a recorded performance. Well I think you'll get what I mean, I just couldn't resist to at least try it! ;)

Thanks again Scott, really happy that you've enjoyed it!

Ness

millponddave

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Simply superb you guys. What a great song to collaborate on. I really enjoyed it.

Dave

dekotaj

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I wish I could make this bravo as big as the whole page.Loved it that much!!Marc and Ness what great music to shared with us.THANK YOU!!

BRAVO!!!!

Kevin

Hydroman52

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Holy cow! I can't add much more to what others have already said except well done, both of you.

Hydroman52

reiver

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Apologies for getting to these so late - I wasn't around at the weekend. But I'm REALLY glad to have caught up with them. Another very high quality upload from you two - we're lucky to have both of you around this site.

Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic