REQUEST A SONG FROM A FELLOW TG-er

dennisg

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 pm

willem wrote:
I would love to hear Dennis on a long distance collabboration with a other TG''r,,,the song is there own choice,, but two guitars/parts and haromonie vocals.

maybe ''wild horses''
I'm honored that you would even think of me, Willem. I'm going to have to figure out who I can collaborate with.

tovo

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:37 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
tovo wrote:
Well I have a request for you Chris...

I think you would do a wonderful job of "Castles in the Air" by Don McLean.
Now that is a beautiful song which I have never played. Challenge accepted!
May take a while, have to start from scratch....
Terrific! Look forward to it. Nice idea by the way.

schm040

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:56 am

This is a terrific concept. When practicing TG songs, I often think of which one I should post, but thinking of songs for others to post is very cool.

Not to mention the added benefit of the positive peer pressure to get someone to post something they have been working on.

That said, let me turn the tables somewhat and offer a list of my own "requesting a request" if you will. I would gladly offer any of the following if anyone is interested.

I work well under pressure I guess.

Canon in D
Embryonic Journey
The Fisherman
Windy and Warm
Bour'ee
On The Horizon
Winter Wonderland
Frosty the Snowman

I will stop there before I get myself into trouble.

daryl

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 am

schm040 wrote:

This is a terrific concept. When practicing TG songs, I often think of which one I should post, but thinking of songs for others to post is very cool.

Not to mention the added benefit of the positive peer pressure to get someone to post something they have been working on.

That said, let me turn the tables somewhat and offer a list of my own "requesting a request" if you will. I would gladly offer any of the following if anyone is interested.

I work well under pressure I guess.

Canon in D
Embryonic Journey
The Fisherman
Windy and Warm
Bour'ee
On The Horizon
Winter Wonderland
Frosty the Snowman

I will stop there before I get myself into trouble.
Matt, I'm a sucker for "Windy and Warm". Let's see what you got. Please.

schm040

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Daryl,

Great. Will do. I better work on my CM7 barre for that one section before I post, that chord seems to get me. Glad you picked this one and thanks.

Matt

With luck, between renovations and rescuing my garden geraniums from the NE frost this weekend, I should be able to pull it off.

willem

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:47 am

I would request an instrumental by Scott/dsmarion,,,''here comes the sun''' you did a great job with blackbird thats why i do this request...

dsmarion

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Willem,

Ha! I just knew somehow when I read this thread that you would be challenging me to something! :ohmy: :S :ohmy:

I really didn't expect this one though, buttah... (as someone here once said) B)

Ok then, I will see what I can do. I have never looked at this lesson (well, either one of them, you want the instrumental version right?) but I will take it on. I do love the song so it won't be a waste of thime that's for sure. It may take me a little while but I will put it into my schedule.

P.S. I may think of a challenge for you in return! :woohoo: :silly: :woohoo:

Scott

jayswett

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Well Sam, I'm certainly flattered!

Buttuh....you've got more? So what's that?

:)

(and to wich young woman are you referring to?)

TwoCatSam wrote:
Here I be.........

Nessa

You did such a great job on "If You Could Read My Mind", would you try "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"? There is a young woman on Utube who sings it so nicely, but I'm sure you can do better. 'Course if you do it, I will bug you silly to teach me chords and pattern. ............and I'd so like to get off "Dust in the Wind" for a while. :laugh:

I've got more...........

Sam

willem

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 pm

And I've got a request for Stuart (Reiver) to dust of his songbook of the Boss (Bruce Springsteen, for those who live under a rock B) ) and to perform one of his songs. You may even decide wich song that'll be Stuart! :P ;)

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Happy to see this idea taking root!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic