REQUEST A SONG FROM A FELLOW TG-er

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Been pondering this one for a while. Would you like hear a fellow TG-er play a specific song for you and post it maybe in a Busking Requests thread? It might be a cool thread and fun project. You could make the request in order to get someone you know at TG to push their envelope a bit, make a challenge or simply request something you think would sound cool coming from that member. No pressure and obligation, of course, anyone could decline a request with no worries at all. Maybe it’s a TARGET lesson, maybe not.

Maybe I can kick off by requesting Joan Baez’ Diamonds and Rust from our very own Michele? I think this is one Michele could do a great job on.
Please, pretty please? :)

suziko

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Neat idea, Chris! I'd also love to see Shel cover Diamonds and Rust. What a great song that is!

Suzi

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 am

Here I be.........

Nessa

You did such a great job on "If You Could Read My Mind", would you try "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"? There is a young woman on Utube who sings it so nicely, but I'm sure you can do better. 'Course if you do it, I will bug you silly to teach me chords and pattern. ............and I'd so like to get off "Dust in the Wind" for a while. :laugh:

I've got more...........

Sam

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 am

From The Canadian New Englanders

"California Dreamin'"

Don't want to learn it; just would love to hear you guys sing it.

Sam

willem

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 am

I would love to hear Dennis on a long distance collabboration with a other TG''r,,,the song is there own choice,, but two guitars/parts and haromonie vocals.

maybe ''wild horses''

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Great to see some requests.... maybe the potential artist could comment hear about how (s)he feels about the request and if they are game....

michelew

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:41 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Been pondering this one for a while. Would you like hear a fellow TG-er play a specific song for you and post it maybe in a Busking Requests thread? It might be a cool thread and fun project. You could make the request in order to get someone you know at TG to push their envelope a bit, make a challenge or simply request something you think would sound cool coming from that member. No pressure and obligation, of course, anyone could decline a request with no worries at all. Maybe it’s a TARGET lesson, maybe not.

Maybe I can kick off by requesting Joan Baez’ Diamonds and Rust from our very own Michele? I think this is one Michele could do a great job on.
Please, pretty please? :)
My first reaction was 'pure wickedness' Chris you're a wicked man. I can hear you snickering from here. :) :) :) Ratbag! What a post every six months isn't good enough?

Second - you'll keep and I'll need to find an appropriate one to do your skills justice.

Third - this is Karma for assisting a certain TC fan.

Well it seems that the jury is in on this one. What's the count five of you now that think I should give this song a go. Well I hope Joan forgives me. So OK. I'm game. I'll give it a go.

Timing. I hardly have time to scratch myself at the moment yet alone play or learn a new song so it will take a little while.

One more thing - for fairness I'd like to suggest a couple of operating principles:

- the requestee has right of refusal obviously
- I'd like to suggest that whoever posts a request should be open to take one themselves. I'm not suggesting this is a hard rule.
- if someone already has a couple of requests, well allow them time to deliver if they take-up the challenge. I can imagine some of our amazing members being asked to be a TG jukebox.

:) :) :) - well I'm looking forward to the posts thst come from this little challenge channel. Thanks Chris.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Atta girl Shel, I knew you'd be game! Looking forward to you rising to the occasion :-)

tovo

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Well I have a request for you Chris...

I think you would do a wonderful job of "Castles in the Air" by Don McLean.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:25 pm

tovo wrote:
Well I have a request for you Chris...

I think you would do a wonderful job of "Castles in the Air" by Don McLean.
Now that is a beautiful song which I have never played. Challenge accepted!
May take a while, have to start from scratch....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic