REQUEST A SONG FROM A FELLOW TG-er

jayswett

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:48 pm

I agree that this is a great idea. I can't wait to see the results of these song requests/challenges.

AndyT

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 am

I'd like to see Rick do a Tull song. Your choice Bear.

And for Chas to give us one from the Beach Boys.

dsmarion

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:34 am

I would just like to say I think this is such a great idea and I also want to thank Willem for forcing me (ok issuing a challenge, the forcing is my aceptance of it) to learn a new song that I am sure I would not have otherwise learned - but I really need to.

I like the song fine but I am sure I would have chosen to learn the regular picking version (which is the regular studio version) rather than the fingerpicking verion (travis-style instrumental arrangement by Neil which he suggests learning in order to advance to other more complicated songs - like Classical Gas for example).

Without being pushed a little by a fellow TG'er I probably would not have gone down this path which I really need - so thanks so much for this great idea and specifically for the challenge Willem (it may take me a while but I am working on it).

Scott

willem

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm

dsmarion wrote:
I would just like to say I think this is such a great idea and I also want to thank Willem for forcing me (ok issuing a challenge, the forcing is my aceptance of it) to learn a new song that I am sure I would not have otherwise learned - but I really need to.

I like the song fine but I am sure I would have chosen to learn the regular picking version (which is the regular studio version) rather than the fingerpicking verion (travis-style instrumental arrangement by Neil which he suggests learning in order to advance to other more complicated songs - like Classical Gas for example).

Without being pushed a little by a fellow TG'er I probably would not have gone down this path which I really need - so thanks so much for this great idea and specifically for the challenge Willem (it may take me a while but I am working on it).

Scott

Your welcome Scott,, i did ones a upload and work still on the tiips given by Neil to alternate fingers on the same string but it is hard to change that,,,take your time no pushings..

wrench

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:44 am

Buddy

You have a great voice. If you have never done anything by Jim Croce, would you consider it? Time in a Bottle; I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song? If you have, direct me to it.

I am working to learn to hold my guitar neck at the angle you do. Well, maybe a little lower.......

Good on ya!

Sam

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm

andyt wrote:

And for Chas to give us one from the Beach Boys.
Beach Boys!! Wherever does that come from lol

Well maybe not the Beach Boys but might be something close once I get life back to normal... Ventures maybe... Eagles instrumental from TLROOE I'll give it some thought can't record where I am at present but can certainly start practicing

This is a neat idea Chris. Must have killed off a few of those rare grey cells hope you are taking a rest now.

Before Andy chipped in with one for me, I was going to request one from myself to be fair to others and it was going to be a Greg Lake one has a festive feel ... guess anyone?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:08 am

Before Andy chipped in with one for me, I was going to request one from myself to be fair to others and it was going to be a Greg Lake one has a festive feel ... guess anyone?
... that would be I believe in Father Christmas, I'd guess. We'll settle for that in about 10 weeks!

I did put my grey cells (both of them) to bed with a hot water bottle afterwards, Chas, so all is well!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 am

Hey Chas did I win the prize?

@Tony: Your request of Castles in the Air is keeping me busy today and making me sit up and pay great attention to Neil's lesson.
I sent you my progress report and I'll be getting on with my homework now... :-).

jayswett

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 am

I'd like to see Craig perform "The Needle and the Damage Done". My reasoning is this:

I know he can strum, I know he is working on fingerpicking, but I haven't seen him do any flat picking. I hope he's up to the challenge.
:cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 am

I know Tony is asleep now and he's probably saving up his energy for Australia vs S.Africa at the Rugby World Cup tomorrow, so I'll sneak this in and wait see if he notices....
Here's my request for Tony: Raining on the Rock by John Williamson
I'd love to hear this authentic Aussie song written by an authentic Aussie done by an authentic Aussie TGer! I'd love it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic