Busking George Harrison

pbraun

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:02 pm

I finally finished watching the HBO special. They ended the show with this song from the White Album. Long Long Long was one of the best one the album, neatly tucked between Helter Skelter and Revolution1. A song that I am sure George wrote to his God, but could have easily been a love song as well. I always enjoyed this song but hearing it at the end of the show hit home. For me it helps cement the idea that George was my favorite Beatle, his songs always came from his heart and soul. No fancy riffs, bass runs, but I tried to make it mine.
Pete

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

buddy

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Pete, That Tak is sounding great and so are you !

dekotaj

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey Pete-Great special on George.HBO did a good job of it.Enjoy your playing and singing.BRAVO!!Pete.

Kevin

Craig

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Pete,
Nice job! I've always liked that song as well. Is that a cedar top on your guitar? I enjoyed your post.
Craig

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Pete, great idea to post this, the more references there are here on TG to any member of the Beatles, the better !

I find your voice is darn nice for this song ... someone doing a bit of harmony would be even more of a kick.

Gotta find that Martin Scorsese movie soon !

Thanks Pete, that was fun.

Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:27 am

buddy wrote:
Pete, That Tak is sounding great and so are you !
You took the words right out of my mouth Buddy.
Very nice job Pete!

I caught something last night where George's wife was saying that if he'd been offered 5 eventful lives against the one incredible one he had would he swap, he said no, he's done here, he's never coming back.

daryl

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:12 am

Nicely done.

BobR

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Pete,

Very nicely done. I only caught part of that HBO special. I 'll have to check it out again.

Thanks for the look

Bob

MarkM

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Pete,

Very nice job on this song. Your strumming was paricularly good on this one. Nice even strokes and even volume. It's been awhile since I listened to this song and very much appreciate you posting this. I only got to see the first half of the HBO special. I tried to do a search on this second one but see that they aren't playing it any longer. I guess I know what I'll be asking for Christmas. However just seeing the first half I have to say it was done remarkably well. I can't believe it was 10 years ago. I was actually in a small club watching Brad Delp (lead singer of Boston) and his band Beatlejuice perform when we heard the news. His project Bealtejuice was a GREAT Beatles cover band. Brad's passing a few years later was another tragic moment. OK I've rambled enough. Great job and thanks for sharing.

MarkM

dennisg

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Really nice job, Pete, on a song that never quite got the respect it deserves due its placement near the end of a monstrously successful double album that had at least a dozen singles getting massive radio play. I always thought the song was sweet and heartfelt, and I very much like what you did with it.

And, Pierre, I added the harmony part.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic