Part 2, A funny thing happened at my first open mic performance

songman52

Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Dennis, that was great. I haven't been around the site lately and just watched this. I didn't read all of the intro first, so I was surprised when I started reading comments about a "flub". I, as many others have stated, didn't even notice it. Most people listen to the music and enjoy it, and aren't listening for little glitches.
A very good job on a very nice song. Congrats!

Jerry

dennisg

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 am

Sorry to keep pushing this post up to the top, but it's only polite to respond to the later posters.

Pierre: If you're anything like me (and that's no sure thing), you found playing while standing to be as scary and disorienting as I did. It sort of feels like you're playing an accordion and not a guitar. Polka music, anyone? There's no rule at an open mic that you have to play standing up; in fact, most people sit down. But I can always put more gusto into a song when I'm standing up, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Does your standing up foreshadow an open mic for you?

Jerry: Yeah, I've noticed you haven't been around lately, but good to have you back. You're right that most people likely didn't catch the flub, which felt at the time like I was swimming in lard. (Sorry to all you lard lovers for the simile.) Thanks for the support.

BobR

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 am

Dennis,

Fantastic. :woohoo: :woohoo: I had to watch it three times and I still had a hard time finding anything. The only thing I thought might be a slip was around the 2 min mark, but I am still unsure and it didn't detract at all frrom your fabulous performance.

Nice Job

Bob

beaker

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Dennis, I watched your vid. It was great. If your flub was at about 2:08 to tell you the truth, it was barely noticeable. I had to watch it twice to see it. You smoothed it over really well. When the lady said wow at the end, it was cool. I was just expecting her to order a latte or something! But that was a sincere and honest compliment. Good one! Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic