Busking "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

dsmarion

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Hey Dan (or anyone),

Where can I find this instrumental fingerpicking version? Neil mentions it as a separate lesson in the regular lesson but I cannot locate it.

Scott

tovo

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Great job Dan. I thought it was beautiful and would be chuffed if I could play it that well. I reckon you are right, I felt it would be better without that intro. Not suggesting it was bad, but I felt it was too harsh for such a beautiful melody. Hope that makes some sense. Always love to see your videos.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Very nice version Dan, smoothly played and the effects worked well.

lueders

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Smooth as silk! Just as solid & tasteful as usual. Very well-played Sir! :) :) :) :)

sbutler

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:34 pm

dsmarion wrote:
Hey Dan (or anyone),

Where can I find this instrumental fingerpicking version? Neil mentions it as a separate lesson in the regular lesson but I cannot locate it.

Scott
So far Scott, I don't think Neil has done a lesson on the solo version, just the strumming. Neil did mention doing one, but just hasn't gotten to it yet. Maybe if we all put it in the "Recommend a lesson" and vote on it.

Scott

dsmarion

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:56 pm

sbutler wrote:
dsmarion wrote:
Hey Dan (or anyone),

Scott
So far Scott, I don't think Neil has done a lesson on the solo version, just the strumming. Neil did mention doing one, but just hasn't gotten to it yet. Maybe if we all put it in the "Recommend a lesson" and vote on it.

Scott
Hmmm, ok. I guess I just assumed Dan got the version from a lesson here. Dan, can you possibly share the tab you used? Thanks.

Here is the recommndation I submitted if you would like to help bump it up:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... rsion.html

jimbo58

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Great job Dan I very much enjoyed it, you have really got the art of fingerpicking down well and I thought the use of the amp with chorus sounded great, just one small question was it an acoustic amp?

again great job Dan
Jim

cosmicmechanic

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Hat's off Dan, understated and very elegant playing there. I'd be curious to know: has this been one of your long term projects or instead is it the result of a recent and concentrated effort ?

Thanks for sharing.
Pierre

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey Dan,

Great version here.. And one I plan to steal from if you don't mind.
I've worked on my own fingerpicking version of this, and you've got some goodies that I'd like to add to mine.

Cheers!!

webtvdan

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi Guys,

It’s a classical guitar arrangement I requested from Jorge Nolla. Like Neil he welcomes song requests.
Unless you hold the guitar is the classical position the Sheet Music / Tab is almost impossible to play as written. I always alter his arrangements for acoustic guitar.

I’ll start on his arrangement of “Light My Fire” next week, and then tackle Neil’s “Classical Gas” after that. (Looking forward to “Classical Gas” – not quite ready).

I’m always studying Neil’s song lessons but tend to just post my solo guitar projects on the forums.

Jayswett,

I was an accomplished classical guitarist as a kid. Didn’t touch the guitar for 30 years (Karate enthusiast), and then picked up the guitar again 2 years ago. I’m getting better – but not yet to my earlier abilities. This song is by far my best / smoothest venture.

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic