Busking "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

webtvdan

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:33 am

Dialed in some “Chorus” on my amplifier for an electric guitar sound. Thought it fitting for the tune. Hope you enjoy.

sbutler

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Very well done Daniel. One of my all time favorites, and one that I've wanted to learn an accoustic solo version of for a long time, but just never made myself do it.

Love the sound of that Taylor as well.

Great Job

Scott

dsmarion

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Nice work on this so far Dan. It seems like a hard song to attempt putting all the individual parts in one acoustic piece but I hear them all in there. Some timing issues yet maybe but it's a great start to a great tune. Love this one.

Scott

jayswett

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Very nice, as usual. You have obviously mastered the concept of placing your fingers on the frets as you need them, and perhaps you had mastered that prior to joining TG. Anyway, great job on a great song.

pbraun

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Beautiful Dan-JUST BEAUTIFUL
Pete

webtvdan

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Scott,

Surprisingly the introduction timing is the hardest part of the song. Don’t really like the introduction and didn’t recall it from the original song – contemplated removing it. Listened to the Beatles original several times and decided to leave it in.

Obviously I drop a beat after section “B” returning to Section “A” and ending. Normally I get that part correct – not a difficult passage – overall was pleased with this take and decided keep it.

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Nicely played Dan, the chorus worked for me. Dare I say nice sounding Taylor too , almost as good as my Cole Clark lol

BobR

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Dan,

One of my favorite songs and what an excellent performance.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

dsmarion

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:35 pm

webtvdan wrote:
Scott,

Surprisingly the introduction timing is the hardest part of the song. Don’t really like the introduction and didn’t recall it from the original song – contemplated removing it. Listened to the Beatles original several times and decided to leave it in.

Obviously I drop a beat after section “B” returning to Section “A” and ending. Normally I get that part correct – not a difficult passage – overall was pleased with this take and decided keep it.
Yeah the intro is where I heard it I think. By the way, as others have mentioned theTaylor sounds great and I think the chorus does add a nice effect for this one.

Scott

Craig

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Nice job Dan! I really enjoyed that. I've only strummed this great song. Might have to add a solo version to the ever growing to do list!
Way to go!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic