Busking Christmas Songs

schm040

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Thought maybe it's time to brush up on holiday songs.

Missed a few melody notes and beats but enjoyed playing this one. It is great left hand practice.

I put a little Oh Suzanna at the end for fun.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dsmarion

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Oh, that looks like fun! Well, maybe fun with a lot of really hard work. It doesn't look very easy -- but it does look like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

Scott

dekotaj

Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am

Bravo Scott-Must say I got to get my belly full of turkey before even thinking of Christmas.Song sounds good,try playing under the mistletoe at the Christmas party only good thing could happen! LOL

Thanks Scott for posting.And if I would happen to forget(MARRY CHRISTMAS)

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Sounds like you are having fun practising that and you're well in time... I just refuse to allow Christmas to be here until the week before... but I made an exception to listen to you Schmo. Well done!

willem

Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:26 am

Very nice Matt!

Good to see your progress on your lefthand-position!

Ness

wrench

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Mary Did You Know

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Not a Grammy attempt, but I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to TG today.

willem

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Dan,,I give you that grammy,really,,i don't know the song but I search for,,,I'm really glad you spoke,,well with your guitar this time and I really see now that Neil stole it...

I really liked what you did there and it sure inspired me,,nice sounding guitar also,,,what is it and how long do you own it..

thanks

Willem

daryl

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Warts? Though I don't know this song, I didn't notice any mistakes. The one thing I did notice is that you didn't use your thumb for the D/F#. Does your thumb not wrap around? Mine doesn't wrap easily either. Good job hitting all the bass notes. Thanks for sharing.

wrench

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Willem - Thanks for the Grammy, my friend. The guitar is a Seagull S6 Original, just over a year old, but I never play it. I pulled it out today for this recording because I just used the webcam mic, and this guitar is quite loud. Actually, it sounds quite good overall, but the neck size is not to my liking.

Daryl - Yeah, I missed a bass note or two on the descent. But it was really just a one take holiday greeting, and I haven't recorded much of anything in a long time. I usually can't thumb wrap because I hold the neck on a steep angle, but I can't wrap this wide Seagull neck anywhere. I used to make D/F# with the first and third fingers on the D and the second finger on the F#, but I recently moved to doing it Neil's way. It'll improve soon I'm sure.

The song was written by Mark Lowry and Buddy Greene, and the most popular version of it was done by Kenny Rogers and Wynona Judd. I heard it on the radio Sunday morning, and just decided to play it. It was one of those songs that I didn't pick - it picked me.

tombo1230

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Nicely done. The tone from your guitar sounded pretty good as well. Merry Christmas when it comes. :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic