Busking Christmas Songs

AndyT

Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks Dan, I enjoyed that. I play it a bit faster.
If you don't mind.... Here it is with far too much wind.
Totally forgot where I was about 2mins in. Thanks Romeo! (Dog in background)

willem

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 am

Andy thank you,,merry christmas...i like the bird in the end too..

Willem

AndyT

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:08 am

Willem,
Anytime. The chair I was using was made to sit back in, not for guitar playing. It was actually causing pain! But I needed it to sit on. The ground was soaking wet from rain the last week.

wrench

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 am

Very nice, Andy. I honestly don't know what the tempo was in my version - I matched with the Kenny Rogers version. Have you ever heard Mark Lowry's version? He sings this song absolutely beautifully, but at a glacial tempo. It's so slow, it's uncomfortable to listen to if it follows a faster tune.

AndyT

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks Dan. I hear you. If I'm going to include it in a set, then it's either the very first song, or the very last one.

Catman

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am

The Holiday season is nigh (again)!

Here is my rendition of Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas". I don't think that it's a Christmas song or carol in the classical sense, it's a song about belief that just happens to use Christian symbols...

The guitar is a Taylor 355, in a modified drop-D tuning with the 5th string-pair dropped two steps to A. Then I dropped the whole shebang two steps to fit my vocal (such as it is) range. The final tuning is C-G-C-F-G-D.

The video was done on my Android tablet, and I decided not to double track the interlude melody. And yes, my tempo is unsteady--please bear with me; it's my first video and I'm still frightened of the camera.

David

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

suziko

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 am

David,

This was really beautiful. I love your playing and really liked your singing voice! You looked far more confident than you would lead us to believe, given it's your first video. I hope it won't be your last. And Happy Hanukkah to you!

Suzi

daryl

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 am

Excellent! Very nice hybrid picking. Your guitar sound great. Very impressive first post. I too hope you'll upload more.

dennisg

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 am

David,

That was so beautiful that I've already forgotten that you're an Israeli singing a song about Christmas! This was just wonderful -- both the playing and the singing. You should be really proud of yourself.

By the way, if you can somehow talk yourself into schlepping that 12-string to Seattle, that would make a dandy song for the student concert at guitar camp.

Catman

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:47 am

Wow, that sounded fantastic David!! The playing, singing, the guitar, really great!! :cheer:

And so great to finally meet you too! ;)

cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic