Busking Christmas Songs

willem

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:58 pm

well Tom remind me,,merry Xmas when it comes...

W.

buddy

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Wrench, sounding very nice to me. Is that a Seagull you are playing ? I love the tone of those guitars.

Bud

lueders

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Wrench,

I enjoyed your playing and the song choice on this one! :) (you don't hear this Christmas song quite as often...so it was extra
nice to hear your rendition of the tune) There looks to be some fairly tricky little pivoting of chords & base notes in there...like the
harmonic at the end...I'm a sucker for those! (And not too many warts lol!)...thanks for the greeting, Dan.

Christmas greetings right back @ ya, Sir!

wrench

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Thank you Buddy and Cori. Yep, that's a Seagull. While the Seagull neck profile isn't exactly to my liking, I have a very high opinion of Seagull guitars for sound, quality, and value.

lueders

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:11 am

Yeah, I think it is a nice sounding guitar. I might be in the market for another guitar one of these days. I'll keep Seagulls in mind. (And do some research.) I think I might like another quality acoustic...but I'd rather not pay Martin or Taylor prices $$.

P.S. Nice camouflage! I couldn't see anything except your head, hands and Seagull.

willem

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Dan,I''m still amazed how you go through those chords,,the more I look at it the more I get a bit envious,,,

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Nicely played Dan! I like the sound of that Seagull too, nice bass notes. Great to see you posting and many thanks for the Christmas greetings.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 pm

lueders wrote:
... Nice camouflage! I couldn't see anything except your head, hands and Seagull.
Yes, those floating extremities were a bit distracting, I guess Dan uses music to attract deer and moose
... wonder if he shoots them with a gun or a camera (or both ? (or something else ?)) ?

Thanks for the peek, Dan ... very enjoyable, have a great Xmas !

Pierre

wrench

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am

Cori - I wore camo so you couldn't see me. And if you check out Seagulls, play their Coastline Folk model. It is quite surprising.

Willem - Aw, Shucks. :blush: This song is easily within your capability. Em-D-Am-B7, with a couple lines of C-D, and the descending G-D/F#-Em. I embellished a little with the transitional notes and substituted a couple standard Em chords with a low E note followed by harmonics at 12. This song is little match for Willem The Shredder!

Chris - Thank you, and it's good to hear from you.

Pierre - Upon further review, I agree camo didn't work for a Christmas theme. Maybe I'll switch to Hawaiian next time. It always works for Neil. I can think of nothing besides music more serene than watching deer and moose wandering about in a light winter snow. I would love to shoot them. With a Nikon. Thanks for watching.

willem

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:43 am

wrench wrote:
Cori - I wore camo so you couldn't see me. And if you check out Seagulls, play their Coastline Folk model. It is quite surprising.

Willem - Aw, Shucks. :blush: This song is easily within your capability. Em-D-Am-B7, with a couple lines of C-D, and the descending G-D/F#-Em. I embellished a little with the transitional notes and substituted a couple standard Em chords with a low E note followed by harmonics at 12. This song is little match for Willem The Shredder!

Chris - Thank you, and it's good to hear from you.

Pierre - Upon further review, I agree camo didn't work for a Christmas theme. Maybe I'll switch to Hawaiian next time. It always works for Neil. I can think of nothing besides music more serene than watching deer and moose wandering about in a light winter snow. I would love to shoot them. With a Nikon. Thanks for watching.

I looked the song up and there are great covers from it,,also like the song pretty much,,looking for the right pick(plectrum) now for getting a nice slashing sound but i don'heve nice sounding Seagull.. thanks for chords and the embellishings..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic