Busking Kansas

dennisg

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Terrific job, Al. Your usual precise fingerpicking and lovely vocals.

dekotaj

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am

BRAVO!!!My Friend-Great job on a fantastic song.

A question.The backing vocals getting out in front of the lead vocals.Was that planed from the beginning?Or did you work that out in the mixing?Martin sound great AL.And as far as tempo,play it were ever it feels good that day.Sounded just fine as I was singing along.The tempo not my singing,LOL

Thanks AL
Have a good one!!
Kev

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Dennis- thanks but the picking was a little less than precise on this. Good enough for horseshoes though :)

Kevin- excellent question. Nothing was planned with this song. The layering and mixing is not an exact science with me. What you hear is just how it went that day.
I do have control over the level of the different tracks- even after i record them. I should probably spend a bit more time mixing before uploading.
But I don't.
:)

RicksPick

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Cool Al
Wow what a difference in the video's
Now your front and centre
kicking it out
At ease

All that practice made those changes smooth

Rick

Hydroman52

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:22 am

Nice work, Al. I liked it the first time around, too. I find myself pulling back on the reigns most of the time to slow down a song and keep it at the right pace. My internal tempo sort of sucks (to put it lightly) and I usually need to rely on a drum track, metronome, or someone else with a good internal clock to lead the way. The good thing about playing it fast, is when you slow it down, it's much easier to play.

Thanks for posting,
Hydroman52

shargram

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:48 am

This is my video for Dust In The Wind by Kansas.A great acoustic song from Kansas.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic