Christmas collaboration

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks

tombo1230

Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Ground Control To Major Tom.... oh, wrong song!!!

I know your arms on the mend but are you still going ahead Tom?

Sorry I've not been working on it!
I feel guilty considering you suggested the idea and I did say I would
take part.... Although it's very basic.... I do need to practice it still :blush:

Are there any others out there that are going to partake... or is it too easy for you guys :S

If so do you intend to extend the deadline?

Cheers

Dermot
Hi Dermot,
yes I intend to go ahead, I just need some video and we are there. I can take your video when you are ready. Ideally by the fifteenth so that I still have time to have it ready by Christmas. I obviously can't play because of my injury. :angry: :dry:

cheers,

Tom.

thereshopeyet

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks

willem

Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:33 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hi Tom

With the chart in front of me (for any song) I follow along but lose track especially when strumming.
My biggest problem is keeping track of where I'm at in the song.
If I could commit the progression to memory that would be half the battle.

Because it's an accompanyment, I can here Jingle Bells in my head but the strumming doesn't sound
like the song (to me) so that doesn't help.

Anyway I think the key is repetition..... excuses excuses.

That was a good suggestion to follow along with Neil .... duh.... why didn't I thik of that!

It's a terrible thing I so want to do it, but my inner voice is the devil himself!

:blush: :blush:

:)

thereshopeyet

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks

dsmarion

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Tom,

I also am late getting any video to you for this because I am struggling with this nerve issue in my hand. I can sometimes play a bit but once it moves a certain way and the nerve gets agitated I have to immediately stop. I am going to try and get through a little bit if I can and get something recorded, probably this weekend -- but no promises as I tried that this past weekend and just gave it a rest. Frustrating.

Scott

P.S. Dermott, too funny! Reminds me of the Batman tv show from the 60's.

tombo1230

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:59 pm

dsmarion wrote:
Tom,

I also am late getting any video to you for this because I am struggling with this nerve issue in my hand. I can sometimes play a bit but once it moves a certain way and the nerve gets agitated I have to immediately stop. I am going to try and get through a little bit if I can and get something recorded, probably this weekend -- but no promises as I tried that this past weekend and just gave it a rest. Frustrating.

Scott

Hi Scott,
I read another earlier post where you mentioned your hand problem. I just assumed if you could do something you would and if you couldn't that was just the way things go.

Don't hurt yourself for this project it's not worth it mate.

Dermots picture also reminded me of the old Batman programmes with Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin, Lee Meriwether Catwoman, Cesar Romero was the Joker, Burgess Merideth as the Penguin, later seen in the Rocky movies. Quite an amazing cast really. B) :)

Tom N.

dsmarion

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:58 am

tombo1230 wrote:
dsmarion wrote:
Tom,

Scott

Hi Scott,
I read another earlier post where you mentioned your hand problem. I just assumed if you could do something you would and if you couldn't that was just the way things go.

Dermots picture also reminded me of the old Batman programmes with Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin, Lee Meriwether Catwoman, Cesar Romero was the Joker, Burgess Merideth as the Penguin, later seen in the Rocky movies. Quite an amazing cast really. B) :)

Tom N.
Yeah, as a kid I was glued to that show and it's cast of villians. Lee Meriwether played Catwoman in the 1966 Batman movie, not the series according to what I just read. Julie Newmar (13 episodes) and Eartha Kitt (5 episodes) played Catwoman in the series. Lee Meriwether was in 2 episodes as Lisa Carson, a love interest of Bruce Wayne with villian King Tutt (Victor Buono). Some other great villians: the Riddler (Frank Gorshin), Egghead (Vincent Price), Mr. Freeze (at least 3 different actors played this part including Otto Preminger), the Siren (Joan Collins), the Archer (Art Carney), Louis the Lilac (Milton Berle).

Scott

tombo1230

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:19 am

dsmarion wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
dsmarion wrote:
Tom,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Tom N.
Yeah, as a kid I was glued to that show and it's cast of villians. Lee Meriwether played Catwoman in the 1966 Batman movie, not the series according to what I just read. Julie Newmar (13 episodes) and Eartha Kitt (5 episodes) played Catwoman in the series. Lee Meriwether was in 2 episodes as Lisa Carson, a love interest of Bruce Wayne with villian King Tutt (Victor Buono). Some other great villians: the Riddler (Frank Gorshin), Egghead (Vincent Price), Mr. Freeze (at least 3 different actors played this part including Otto Preminger), the Siren (Joan Collins), the Archer (Art Carney), Louis the Lilac (Milton Berle).

Scott
Oh yes, I remember, well some of it anyway. I never missed that show. I couldn't remember the guys name who played the riddler, as you mention Frank Gorshin, I'm pretty sure he was in an episode of Star Trek where he played a guy who had a line down his face and body, one half black one half white, rediculous what you remember. I had forgotten Eartha Kit until you mentioned her. I used to watch the credits and had them memorised back then.

Those were the days.......... Amazing how the world was in black and white back then lol. :laugh: :laugh: :)

dsmarion

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:56 am

tombo1230 wrote:
dsmarion wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
dsmarion wrote:

Hi Scott,

Tom N.

Scott
Oh yes, I remember, well some of it anyway. I never missed that show. I couldn't remember the guys name who played the riddler, as you mention Frank Gorshin, I'm pretty sure he was in an episode of Star Trek where he played a guy who had a line down his face and body, one half black one half white, rediculous what you remember. I had forgotten Eartha Kit until you mentioned her. I used to watch the credits and had them memorised back then.

Those were the days.......... Amazing how the world was in black and white back then lol. :laugh: :laugh: :)
Remember? Oh yeah, remember...not so much. I had to use resources (Wikipedia and others) because I can't remember anything these days!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic