Busking Kris Kristofferson

MarkM

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Stuart,

I loved it. Beautiful guitar, wonderful singing and playing that Kris would be proud of. Kristofferson is really underrated. There are some real jewels in his catalog and you picked a great one here. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed this one.

MarkM

jayswett

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Nicely done, Stuart. That was a great performance, and I enjoyed it very well.

reiver

Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Craig - I really appreciate the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

Mark - Thank you. Having watched your videos, I'm working on my flatpicking and hope to get up to busking standard sometime soon! Thanks for watching.

Jay - Glad you liked it, Jay. Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

tombo1230

Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:37 pm

reiver wrote:

tom – thanks, Tom. So ,come on, we need details of this new guitar.
Hi Stuart, it's a Taylor 814ce Tobacco sunburst and I should have it in my hands by Sunday. I phoned today and was told
that it is in transit between Holland and the Glasgow shop at present. I have wanted a Taylor ever since I played a colleagues, so
I almost have it now, can hardly wait. :) If you look at my Avatar, that is a stock picture of my guitar.

Tom N.

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:50 am

Stuart,

Sorry I am tardy in viewing this. Really enjoyed it.
Can't say I'm familiar with many Kristofferson songs. Thanks for the introduction.

Re. the sound quality- The recording only popped a couple of times. You're probably right about the level being a bit high.
Only way to know for sure is to upload another vid! ;)

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Long time since I heard this song, very well sung and played Stuart. Nice Gibson too

reiver

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Tom - as a Taylor owner, you'll be in very good company around here! Looking forward to hearing AND seeing it sometime soon.

Al - no worries, there are no time restrictions! Glad you liked it. On the sound......I've a feeling that it may be due to my laptop struggling to cope with the requirements of the recording software, which will be slightly more difficult to overcome - at least until I upgrade in the New Year.

Chas - Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for stopping by.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Chris – I did see that, but I didn’t really understand it. Did he feel that playing a Gibson takes more physical effort? Anyway, thanks for the kind comments.
No, he loved the Gibson... he meant it had such a strong sound on stage that it cut through the drums and keyboards and backing really well.

michelew

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:02 am

Stu,

Ahhhh... Another uplifting song ... Beautifully played and sung as always. Nicely felt.

Sorry to be late to the party. I traded in a life for work this week.

It's great to see something from you Stu. I always enjoy your performances.

M.

tombo1230

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:03 am

reiver wrote:
Tom - as a Taylor owner, you'll be in very good company around here! Looking forward to hearing AND seeing it sometime soon.

On the sound......I've a feeling that it may be due to my laptop struggling to cope with the requirements of the recording software, which will be slightly more difficult to overcome - at least until I upgrade in the New Year.

Yes will do. My guitar is still in transit between Holland and here. :(

I use an I5 multi core processor with my music software. It's because as you say, it uses a lot of processing. Also would recommend you use the Asio drivers if your system allows. Also imperative that you use some kind of input box to digitize the audio in, as a laptops sound quality otherwise is poor, as standard. You probably know all this anyway, but thought I would chip in anyhow.

Cheers,

Tom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic