Collaboration of Autumn Leaves

thereshopeyet

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:46 am

Thanks

skaladar

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:43 am

That was just a pleasure to hear. Very nicely done Vanessa and Corina. Both of you should be proud.

Thanks for sharing.

♫ Ken ♫

dsmarion

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:41 am

Everyone else has already said everything I could, not much to add except to say I was totally blown away! Thanks so much!

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:04 am

Absolutely fabulous girls!

Vanessa, your playing is not only note perfect it is so subtle in it's expression and execution and that lovely chorus effect just adds the final touch.
Corina's phrasing and expression is just perfect... wow, what a great job!
It was great watching the energy flow back and forth between you to create this whole mesmerizing performance.

dennisg

Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:17 am

I'm thumbing through my thesaurus right now to come up with the appropriate words for this performance. Spectacular. Brilliant. Mind-blowing.

The bottom line is that I loved every single note of it, which is always the case with everything that Nessa touches.

This is a song that means a lot to me, one that I learned to play as a tribute to someone very close to me who passed away, someone I think about each time I play the song, and I can very much appreciate the beauty and faithfulness to Eva's version the two of you have brought to this. I learned to play this from a very bad tab and when I was a far lesser guitarist. Watching Vanessa's playing, I can see I have a lot of cleaning up to do.

Do this one at an open mic and you'd rip the hearts right out of your audience.

Yamaha48

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:46 pm

What a lovely song,and Corina good singing.
Vanessa you play it with a lot of good feeling.
Thanks for sharing .

cheers.....Anton

suziko

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Nessa and Corina,

What a beautiful job you two did on this lovely, melancholy song. Corina's voice is so warm and expressive and Ness's guitar playing is spot-on perfect. This song seemed the perfect accompaniment to the cold, windy autumn afternoon I'm having here in the midwest. And I sure have spent a lot of times the last few days raking "autumn leaves." :)

Suzi

BigBear

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Hey all, thanks so very much for your sweet and kind comments, it's always a joy to share something with you all! :)

Craig: Thank you very much Craig, really happy you've enjoyed it, thanks for watching and your kind comment!

Tombo1230: Thanks for dropping by Tom, great to hear that you liked it, thanks again!

Bob: Thanks so much Bob, what can I say?! Just really appreciate your comment, very pleased that you liked it!

Hydroman: 'a good emotional feeling', well that is something that I'm really going for when recording a song, so am more than glad that you thought it is in there. Playing in a nightclub, spotlight, well yeah, cool picture! ;) Thanks Hydro, appreciate it!

Michele: Shel, gósh woman you're so sweet.... :blush: :blush: ....and you never fail to make me smile réally big and leave me speechless at the same time when reading your comments! :cheer: :ohmy: ;) ....thanks sweetie!

Jimbo58: What a sweet comment Jim, appreciate it very much, so happy that you liked it! :cheer: The LAG, haha, it's written in there quite big :P , I know, but yeah I find the tone very nice as well, especially for fingerpicking. Thanks Jim! :)

Cori: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :) :) :woohoo: :silly: ..... So you could tell that it is a chorus-effect?! Well yeah I love the sound of it as well! Thanks so very much my friend, so very great to read your comment (I'll pass it on!), made me smile and laugh as always!!! ;)

Buddy: Thank you very much Bud, smiling again! Truly appreciate it, thanks for the kind words, really nice to read! :)

Chas: :blush: .....Wow, thanks Chas.....thank you so much!! :cheer:

Dermot: Aaaaah, thanks for the pretty picture Dermot, always great to get those! :) ;)

to be continued!! :)

Ness

jayswett

Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks to Dennis for introducing this incredible to me (and the rest of us at TG), and thanks to Vanessa for putting up this lovely collaboration. Just amazing.

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Heavenly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic