Collaboration of Autumn Leaves

crieniecat

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:59 am

:blush: :blush: :blush:
All of your comments just always blow me away....really.....

This song is special to me in so many ways.
Having such a dear friend accompanying me here makes it the more easy "to dive" into it and fully share the energy that comes along with it.

I feel blessed you all liked it and were/and still are so generous in expressing it.
Feels great!!

:blush: Corina

TGNesh

Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:13 am

Well, definitely echoing what Corina says! :)

Jay: That's so great to hear Jay, many thanks! Would you share with me what it is that you're getting out of it?

Sandy: Thanks so much sweet Sandy! :cheer:

Michele: :blush: :) Well I take such a compliment any day any time! Thanks sweet friend! X

Ness

dekotaj

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:23 am

WELL,WELL,WELL.

Look whose late to the party.
I have watched this great performance many times,AND never left a comment???( WOW!!! )
In my defiance.You two lovely lady's doing such a fantastic performance on this gorgeous song.Took me on a journey to a place words could not explain.So I guess I was just speechless. But now that I'm back and rested from my trip through time.(BRAVO!!!!!) on a gorgeous rendition.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUO37TfjlMM

Jay: That's so great to hear Jay, many thanks! Would you share with me what it is that you're getting out of it?

If it's OK for me to answer this question on my behalf.
And not to cast a shadow on this wonderful performance.( Like I could!!! )
But to go back in time to another member doing this song.And what a great take on the song that he had done. What I take from these two performances.Is the small deference on the take of a female and male on this song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UimPVFmdHjk

I can only say again and again.How much I love watching these post.
Kev

TGNesh

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Aaaaawh Kev'! A couple of years ain't late??!!! :laugh: :laugh: Back in the days when I was a TG-student instead of teacher. :)

You're the sweetest Kev, many thanks for the kind comment, but that's just who you are! :kiss:

Yes, of course Den's rendition, he was absolutely on my mind when recording this. I think Corina and I even watched his video that same day too. It is just so heartfelt...

Well it's a one of a kind song to begin with.

Thanks again sweet man! Big hug right at ya! :kiss:

Ness

TGNesh

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Btw I have to add, scrolling to several pages of the most generous, kindest and sweetest comments.....gosh....that's just... :blush: :blush:

crieniecat

Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:40 pm

That must have been quite a journey Kev! :P
I'm very glad though you found your way back to this constellation and with such a great comment!

Thank you thank you thank you....!!!
Your compliments were worth the wait of 4 years, I'll tell you that! B)

Really grateful
Corina. :silly:

dekotaj

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:44 am

dekotaj wrote:

But to go back in time to another member doing this song.And what a great take on the song that he had done. What I take from these two performances.Is the small deference on the take of a female and male on this song.

I guess I should expand on this answer a little more.

A lady's point of view on the way I felt it being played out is . A LOVE SONG

A mans point of view on the way I felt it being played out is. A LOVE LOST SONG.

Let me expand a little farther. If one was going to use these two song in a movie,lets say.Were these two song took me?

So lets start with a great love story.After the true love in both there life are lost.And years have pasted.The woman is looking to just be loved again.The same for the man.So the story plays it self out and we come to the end.Both have found each other now,But no, its just not going to fell the emptiness that has hunted them over the years.Knowing it is there last night together,but not saying so!
So the scene opens with the morning sun coming through the window.The lady awakes first.Dresses and looks down on the man still sleeping.Smiles and slowly walks out.Walking down a empty street from being so early in the morning.Corina version starts,and the woman is still happy that she did find love again. Now knowing that love is still possible.And she walks away happy in this knowledge.As Autumn Leaves are falling all around her. :) :)
Pan back to the room.The man is now waking and finds she has gone.With some sadness in his eyes he starts for the balcony were the sun is shining.He stops when he see she has forgotten a ribbon that held her hair last night.Bends down,picks it up and smells the sweet scent on the ribbon.Walks out on the balcony and sees the Autumn Leaves falling.A gust of wind pulls the ribbon out of his hand and blows down to the street below.Watches as the ribbon falls and see the woman turn the corner.Knowing he will never see her again.Start Dennis song here. And pan down to the trees and there leaves falling to the ground.THE END!

Go back and listen to the two songs again.
Tell me if you can hear the love in Corina voice at the end.Listen for the pain in Dennis voice at the end.
Who knows for sure.Just the journey the singers took me on. :( :(
Kev

michelew

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Kev,

What a beautiful description of the different interpretations.

You're so right. Dennis' is absolutely about heart-breaking lost. It breaks my heart whenever I hear it, even more so hearing it in person. Here's Dennis' explaination of what it means to him, taken from his original post.

dennisg wrote:
Thanks so much, everyone, for your many kindnesses and support. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. This song is about a lost romantic love, but for me it's about the loss of my brother -- the guy who taught me to play the guitar when I was about 14, the guy who was the single most important influence in my life, and the guy whose passing resulted in me picking up the guitar again after not touching it for decades. More than anyone, he would have been thrilled to see the progress I've made in my playing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic