Collaboration of Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

sbutler

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:41 am

Hey all!

Uhm.......me again B) ....well I did say last week that I've been working on quite a lot behind the scenes and in between I really wanted to do something just for fun and since I really love this song.

I'm sure that most of us know who Claire is, since she has done such an amazing job doing the vocals for the Blackbird-collaboration and doing this BJ-recording wich her father Tom N. has shared with us.

That particular Bon Jovi-recording and the fact that we're both very into this band made me wonder if she would be up for doing another of their tunes together. I had already thought of recording this song some time ago (for the Busking-BJ-thread), but really felt that there should be another vocalist in there.

The arrangement is based on the acoustic-version wich appears on the MTV-Unplugged-show 'An evening with Bon Jovi', wich I watched back in 1994 or so. I absolutely immediately fell in love with that show (it is just %#$@%#$ AWESOME) and have felt a great admiration for them ever since. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out, they are one of the best live-concerts-bands in the world and also very capable of doing their stuff acoustically as well.

In any way, I'm very proud, honored and grateful for the fact that Claire wanted to join me in this one immediately, especially since it's also her video-debut here at TG! :cheer:

Many thanks to Tom who did such a great job editing and producing the video! :)

However, I just truly hope you will all enjoy this one, since I sure do as well!

Ness

Collaboration of Claire and Vanessa Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi:

willem

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am

JUST SUPER,,,JUST GREAT,,WOWO,,I really mean it and Nessie you were so cool in your playing,,Claire i am glad you arrived,,your not only singin good but you also looking good,,lol,, i could be your father but i mean it so never hide again it adds so much more,,,,cheers

Willem,,hard practicing on a Xmas song

edit,,,wow wow --wow--wow,, oh gee what a end note,, i sure hit the like button.

BobR

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

WOW !!!!! That was just fantastic. All around playing, singing, and harmonies were fabulous.

Vanessa / Claire thanks for sharing

I loved it

Bob

Music Junkie

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm

That was very, very good you two! Very nice arrangement and excellent vocals. Ness, in regards to the other thread where you were uncertain what a good stage name would be for you......... How about Ness: THE superstar...... B)

Claire: Your vocals are very beautiful and TG is lucky to have you around.... :)

Thanks for the share!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Great job girls! All round very well done, the harmonies the playing the mix the video... the song worked well for your voices.

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 pm

I think Wow has been said... But it needs saying again and again and again... Nice, to see the face behind 'Blackbird', very well done girls Encore!

sbutler

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Ok, I think I'm going to become an agent, and I want a contract with you two. Well sell out every venue in the world with Clair and Ness.

Ladies, I couldn't be more impressed. That is simply as good as it gets. WOW!

Sc ott

suziko

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Claire and Ness,

That was so great!! I'd never heard that version of Livin' on a Prayer, but I loved it (I'll see if I can find the Unplugged vid that Ness mentioned). Ness, as always, great vocals and guitar work. I always love those double-time strums you add to things! Maybe someday I'll get that down. Claire- really beautiful vocals and it's so nice to see your pretty face, too. I loved hearing the two of you singing together. The harmonies were giving me shivers, they were so sweet!

What a great way to end the week! I added my applause to the cheering crowd at the end of the video!

Suzi

buddy

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Ness and Claire really wonderful tune and collaboration on this tune, Most excellent ! How did you get all those people to clap for you at the beginning of the song , LOL.

Bud

tombo1230

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:14 pm

buddy wrote:
Ness and Claire really wonderful tune and collaboration on this tune, Most excellent ! How did you get all those people to clap for you at the beginning of the song , LOL.

Bud
It's simple Bud, used the same wrangler that brought together all the Blackbirds in the Blackbird video. LOL! :laugh:

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic