Collaboration of Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

Music Junkie

Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:43 pm

I sometimes can't believe how great, sweet and supportive this community is, gosh you're such a great bunch of people! :kiss: :kiss: ..........it is totally overwhelming and i don't know how to start.....will try anyway! :)

Willem: Haha, thanks Willem, you were fast as you always are on this. And yeah, I agree, faces in a video add so much more, so for that I was quite honored that Claire was up for it. So you liked the end?? ;) Yeah, I love endings as you very well know, it has to be spót on, very glad you liked it!

Bob: Wow!!! Smiling big, thanks so much Bob, so nice to read! :cheer:

MJ: :) Thank you very much Jason! My stagename? Haha, you cracked me up :laugh:, that's so sweet, great to hear you've enjoyed it!

Chris: Thanks a lot Chris, very pleased that you think that we match well!

Chas: Thanks for another 'wow' Chas, really always great to hear! :cheer: And yeah, I really enjoyed 'meeting' the face behind Blackbird as well!

SButler: Gosh Scott, you're so very sweet, smiling really big here :) :) :) , thank you so much!!

Suziko: Aaaaaah Suzi, thank you very much for adding your applause to the cheering crowd! ;) I absolutely love the harmonies in this version of BJ, so for that I really wanted another vocalist when recording this song. Well needless to say that I was thrilled that Claire who happens to sing really great also likes BJ and immediately agreed to work on this. Well what can I say, I think she did an AWESOME job on it, so am very very glad you enjoyed it! The double strums, haha, yeah I tend to use those here and there, that's true, really nice to hear that you appreciate those, thanks sweetie! :)

Buddy: Thank you very much Bud, really appreciate it! The crowd, haha :laugh: , well I don't know, but it was very nice to start that way, is good for the confidence when they already clap before you start! :P

sdmarion: Very great to hear you've enjoyed it Scott, very much appreciated, thanks a lot! And yeah, am very gratefull for Tom, I really couldn't do such a thing. So I just played it, send it to him and he took it from there, really cool of him!

Lueders: Gosh Cori, you always crack me up bíg time!!! :laugh: :laugh: Pete Townsend arm-motions, haha, well......yeah, I was pretty relaxed and indeed just me and just having fun! :silly: Thanks so much for all the great compliments, you're so sweet! :kiss:

Tony: :) :) :) :) Thank you Tony! A bit speechless here....and yeah, the days of just filming hands and guitar, I can't really imagine, since I wasn't there. And actually, my very first video here was also my very first video showing my face, I never had before that. In any way, I was really really happy for Claire to do the same, so I am of course really glad that you've enjoyed it. Shivers....that's always a fantastic compliment, thanks so much! :cheer:

Daryl: Thanks Daryl! :) The last upstroke, haha, well yeah, that one feels really cool to play, very pleased you liked it! A basstrack.....you know, I'm still really not good at it, I mean technical-wise, so really grateful that Tom took care of that. And on the other hand, I like playing it as if you were all here in the room, since that's me, and of cóurse wíth Claire there as well!!!!

Ken: Aaaah Ken, you're a sweetheart :cheer: ! Really appreciate the 'wow' and your kind words, thanks so much, smiling again! :) :)

Michele: Gosh woman, you blew me away with your comment!!!! :blush: :woohoo: You certainly got a way of putting your point across, am hearing you loud and clear and gosh :blink: ..... :blush: ....very very thrilled that you loved it!!! :woohoo: You're too sweet! :kiss: Oh I almost forgot, uh....the end...Elvis...well yeah, that could've been so very possible ;) , but it's actually a real 'Richie Sambora-movement', haha! :P

Totsyboy: Wów T.!! How great of you to drop by, just loved your comment, how could I not?! :cheer: Thanks a lot, really appreciate it! :)

Dermot: Thanks for the great picture D., they're always beautiful! Very happy that you liked it! :)

to be continued!

Ness

tombo1230

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:46 pm

MarkM wrote:

Thanks Tom. Great job on this. Funny. I just bought VMSHD Platinum 11 about a month ago. I really haven't had the time to play with it yet and get a better understanding of the app. I used to do some editing on iMovie a few years ago which was pretty easy. This Sony app looks a bit more complicated. I loved the two picture you used. I'll have to figure this stuff out. I did notice, however that Win 7 does not have a driver for my Cannon Vixia HG21 HD video Camera. I'm pretty pissed to be honest. So when I use that camera I have to download the video from the camera to an older Vista system then copy it to the Win 7 computer. Anyway I got off track on this thread. Thanks for the description.

Markm

Hi Mark,
I hadn't used this software before to be honest, just learned it as I went. I used the tutorials when I wasn't sure how to do something. I knew what I wanted to achieve i.e. a background on first layer(grey/black)
and next layer was Ness' video resized to the left, next layer was Claire's video resized to rh side. Next layer was the name tags at the start of the singing. Nothing else just layers. I suppose if there was something tricky then syncing Claire's video to Ness's video was tricky and syncing the mixed audio from the DAW to the video was the tricky bit.

That's a bummer about the camera. I was using a Panasonic camera and had to convert the video to something useable within Vegas Movie HD. You can't win them all. :)

Tom N.

ps if you are making a video with this software and get stuck, pm me and I will try to help.

tombo1230

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:31 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Tom Wrote:
I did the easy bit Dermot. The singing and guitar playing is where the real talent lives.
Gee Tom....I know that!!!

I didn't want to buirst you bubble !!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too late that burst a long time ago Dermot lol! :laugh:

claire85

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:04 am

Hello everyone, Claire here :)

Just wanted to say I am overwhelmed by the comments on the performance by Ness and myself. Thank you all very much for your very kind words.
I am very honored to have been part of this collaboration with Ness as you all know she is a very talented lady! :)

Thanks again

Claire :)

reiver

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Yet again, I find myself late to the party and it's all been said already. Fantastic performances by both of you, Ness and Claire. Can't praise you highly enough. It was a joy to listen to from start to finish. Congratulations.

And nice work on the editing, Tom. I use VMS too and, although I can make no comparisons, it seem to me to do everything that any of us here would require of video editing software. I've been really happy with it. But enough of that........

Thanks for posting this. Maybe a new high point for TG performances?

Stuart

tombo1230

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

MarkM wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

MarkM

I have to download the video from the camera to an older Vista system then copy it to the Win 7 computer. Anyway I got off track on this thread. Thanks for the description.

Markm
Mark you can download the latest Win 7 drivers for for your camera here:

http://www.official-drivers.com/install ... 4Qod8FpcrQ

Just select HG21 from the dropdown or there is the option to do a search on this page. Both ways brought up your drivers. Then just follow the instructions to install them into your computer.

Hope this solves your problem.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:48 pm

reiver wrote:
Yet again, I find myself late to the party and it's all been said already. Fantastic performances by both of you, Ness and Claire. Can't praise you highly enough. It was a joy to listen to from start to finish. Congratulations.

And nice work on the editing, Tom. I use VMS too and, although I can make no comparisons, it seem to me to do everything that any of us here would require of video editing software. I've been really happy with it. But enough of that........

Thanks for posting this. Maybe a new high point for TG performances?

Stuart
Yes Stuart, it gets the job done.

New high point? We should keep pushing the boundaries in performance and presentation. :) I am hoping to make an animation to go with the Christmas collaboration I will be working on. If it works out it will be something special. B)

Tom N.

MarkM

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
MarkM wrote:

MarkM

I have to download the video from the camera to an older Vista system then copy it to the Win 7 computer. Anyway I got off track on this thread. Thanks for the description.

Markm
Mark you can download the latest Win 7 drivers for for your camera here:

http://www.official-drivers.com/install ... 4Qod8FpcrQ

Just select HG21 from the dropdown or there is the option to do a search on this page. Both ways brought up your drivers. Then just follow the instructions to install them into your computer.

Hope this solves your problem.

Tom N.

Thanks Tom!! I'll check this out this afternoon.

MarkM

Hydroman52

Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Wow! Nice job on this song. You girls are a first class act. Thanks for posting.

Hydroman52

suziko

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Dave: Well I appreciate it very much Dave, it's álways great to hear when you or anyone else loves it ;) , thank you very much!

Pierre: :) :) Thanks so much Pierre! Springsteen's 'Born to Run'? Well, I actually don't know the song...shame on me (sorry Suzi, Tony, Stuart! :ohmy: :S ), however I did listen to it and haha, well who knows?! :P In any way, thanks for the kind words, you're always so supportive, truly appreciate it!

AndyT: Thanks!

PBraun: Aaaah thanks a lot Pete, that's so sweet, smiing! :cheer:

Wiley: haha, that's a good one! :laugh: :laugh: Uh.....to Claire of course!! :P Thanks Wiley, hearing you loud and clear! ;)

to be continued!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic